Thursday, March 23, 2006

YePee!!!

Not sure what happen to my shoulder. I am just feeling so painful since last night at 7pm and I couldn’t get into sleep the whole night because of that. I was so tired but I couldn’t even lay my head down to the bed or pillow. This morning, after I brushed my teeth, what I did was to dig out those Chinese medicines (plasters) and pasted 3 pieces around my neck and shoulder. I had a hard time driving my way to work this morning, but thank God, that 3 pieces of medicines did gave some good effect towards it. I was so tired today at work due to lack of sleep and I was ‘unconscious’ during my lunch time and slept for 30 minutes until someone’s SMS woken me up. Hai…

*****************************

When I return to office from breakfast with 2 good friends of mine this morning, one of my colleague passed me a letter from the Bar Council and my Practising Certificate 2006 (PC) is now ready for collection. However, I can only collect it on Monday, Wednesday or Friday and obviously, not today (Thursday). While I was passing all the files to my boss after I have done with it, I met the office manager and I told her about the ‘good’ news. I am sure she told my boss and thereafter I was passed a few files. After lunch, I saw someone move in some table, cupboard, etc. Well, honestly I am not sure it is mine, but I do know, since 2pm just now, I started to check on files and check on the procedures, etc.

At about 3pm, my boss’s secretary passed me a file and I noticed there’s a few mistakes and I was concern, so I checked the files through and found, actually most of it was my careless mistakes except one part which I think is this firm’s ‘style’ of drafting. There and then, it reminded me on an issue which ‘troubles’ me these few months, since I was called to the Bar.

I went back to Tawau, chamber under this law firm call “L”. It’s a new firm and obviously, the boss is not as senior as my KL master, etc…Therefore, I made a lot of comparison and of course ended up as ‘complain’. I thought their drafting ‘style’ is some what, ‘not standard’ and it can be better. Of course, other small thing like the office management, the rules, the way the firms handling things, files and others also made me feel ‘frustration’ and ‘uncomfortable’. To me, I really think it is all because the firm is new and small and especially in Sabah, things can be so ‘flexible’ most of the time. All these, has made me feel ‘unaccommodating’ to it.

When I first came back to KL, I had the mind set that most of the law firms in KL would be the same in terms of pay, how they practice, drafting, managing files, etc. Little do I know that’s not exactly true and if you ask me today about firms and good practices, I can tell you, my master’s firm is the best firm. At least they are ethical, they are generous enough to reward those who work hard, they are willing to teach, they guide you through, the drafting skills and ‘style’ is more high standard and so on. I cannot imagine that my ‘nightmares’ (pupilage) was guided and trained well by those ‘ghost’. Whenever I do a drafting now, I can still ‘hear’ their scream near my ears telling me what to draft, how to draft, why we need to draft in such a way, scolding, teasing, etc. etc. etc.

Indeed, they trained me well and that’s why I failed to see any ‘good’ here in any other law firms I have been. My only worries now is that I will forget the ‘good teachings’ if I stay longer here. L

Isn’t that torturing?

No comments: