Well, the firm needed someone URGENTLY and I needed a job URGENTLY... and that ended up that, the firm's manager ran around crazily the whole day. It's a last minute decision and they only know I will join the firm after a weekend and that resulting me, sitting in one of the ex-clerk's place in another department temporary. hahahaha..... YES!!! I didn't have my work station yet. Too bad...!!! But I do have good colleagues around me... 3 of them. haha.. very nice!!! I must tell you, after a one day observation, I found that they knew about the conveyancing matters more than me. hahahaha... most of the time, I couldn't make out the terms they used and what they were calculating and disccused about... and they communicate pretty well with the conveyancing partners... so, that sums up that I am a conveyancing idiot. hahaha...
Thought I am without my own work station, I was given a PC. I reached office at 8 something this morning. ... well, if you remember... I forgot to ask the manager what is the office hour like.. so, I was there rather early this morning. Didn't do much... sit myself down and started to check whether I can online. Too bad... like other law firms, I can't online althought the network is connected. As I am using the clerk's PC, I am still nto sure if I can go online once I got my own PC. Generally, because all litigation lawyers are expected to do research through CLJ ONLINE. So... I am just wondering....!!! Not putting so much hope on it... !!!
Apart from that, I found out that there is a cafe, KIOSK and other stores in that building. So, after all, that's not a very inconvenient place. More over, Public Bank is near, the courts are all nearby. So, it is rather convenient.
In the afternoon, after lunch... I saw someone familiar. She came in to the conveyancing department from the litigation department and wow.. she recognise me of course... and low and behold, she is my CLP mate... she must have been practising more than 4 years now... hahahaha.. and I now became her junior. hahaha... But yes... at least I know someone there.
At about 3:30pm, I received a phone call from this firm ("P") who said he wanted me so much and was suppose to get back to me by last week. Since I didn't hear from them, I decided to accept this firm's offer. Now that I started, they called me wah... Well, too late... althought I think I like the works "P" firm does. But really, ... it's too late. So sad...
I went to do some shopping after work... and it took me 1 1/2 hours to get the shopping done. Came back, ate something and started to feel so dizzy and tired. And ops... I must leave and iron my clothes and get ready for tomorrow.
To be honest, if you ask me how I feel on the first day of work, I shall say: it makes me feel like going back to Tawau, Sabah NOW.
- what a day -
No comments:
Post a Comment