What came into my mind when I consider whether to stay in Tawau or KL a few months ago, was the issue of what I want in life now. To be honest, I didn't really know what I want. What exactly was in my mind was to get a job, start earning and get my life going.
Today, I attended 2 interviews. At one of the interview, I was asked by the interviewer of what exactly I am looking for. JOB or CAREER? .... It was not an easy question to answer.
The different between a Job and Career is that, the former doesn't require you to earn more than you know and the later do require one to learn more, get more experience, work harder, have more commitment. So, I guess that's the fear of all employer to have someone just need a JOB. Obviously, I am trying to build my career instead of just working. Hence, I am re-considering whether it is right for me to be in KL. Will that be a waste if I didn't work in KL for life? I am kind of 'wrong' in setting my mind to 'get exposure' in KL. I probably will get the same amount of explosure I can get in Sabah UNLESS I work in a corporate firm or doing a commercial or corporate litigation. As I am focusing to get exposure and go back to Sabah, I am wanting so much to learn certain laws, ie. the Banking, the bankruptcy and other matters. But if I am doing that, What different does it make if I stay in Sabah? haha... I am confused and I am contradicting all my reasonings. ...
I went to this interview with this firm ("Y") and I think they are quite keen to offere me a post. They will call me to confirm tomorrow after talking to the 2 senior partners. I hope this one works but at the same time, I am a bit concern about me not being given opportunity to explose to the other area of law because my main field in this firm is to do banking. Honestly, I don't mind learning banking as a starting. After all, I was given lots of chances to do things other than banking before this (during my pupillege).
Well, is it too early to determine between Job and Career or I was wrong in making decision? ... hmm.....
On the other hand, another thought came into my mind. I am thinking of quiting this professions after a few years. So...? Job or career? hahahah...
- confused -
No comments:
Post a Comment