Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Thought of the day!

After I came back from the Shah Alam court this noon time, I read a friend's blog. She is a lawyer and she is now in UK. Her blog somewhat made me think deeper on what I want in life. She reminded me these few days about the 'calling of God'. It is not easy to understand why God need us to be a lawyer. To many people, it is just a professions/career. To some of us, who are christian lawyers, we are quite sure that's not about it. If you were with me since I came back from England, you might know how much I have gone through and how much I learnt about the government and it's power in Malaysia. With the recent cases/issues in the newspaper, it's needless for me to explain anymore how imperfect this judicial system is in Malaysia. Basically, the police force make themselves as a seperate body from the judicial system. I am not sure why is that, but like I said, the judicial system in Malaysia is not perfect. Even in the court rooms, different court room is exercising a different system and standard. I was sitting in the court this morning to hear some hearings and trials. The judge seems understand and proper, but he is questioning on one of the transferred case that why did the other judge gave such a ruling. I was just sitting there and wonder how can these kind of system and standard convince the public/lay people? It is impossible, isn't it?
My friend's blog seems to be very 'ambitious' when she said she wanted to be a lawyer, to change the law, the judicial system and to influence the government with christianity. I once had that thought in me, but now, when I am sitting in my room in the office, I am feeling so much inadequate I am. What can I do to change the judicial system? ( I did write about God's law in my previous blog ).
I guess one of the reason I come back to KL is to do something more. I am now thinking of persuing a postgraduate course, either in Law or in Theology. I am still thinking and about to do some research on both. I know the more I climb up the hill of the judicial system, I will be nearer to the AIM. I am also trying to see if it is possible for me to be a Magistrate either in KL or in Sabah ( I do need to sit for a few examinations). So, what do you think?
- thought -

1 comment:

theGodlyLawyer said...

true... i agreed. I am real XIAN with law now a days... :)