Tuesday, February 21, 2006

SHOCKING!!!

Well, ... I woke up in the morning ( not sure what time) and found that I was suffering from this pain at my back. Erg.....I used to suffer that kind of pain a year ago before I took up all my saving and bought myself a good bed and good mattress. Now, what happen to my back? I couldn't even sit up or turn or even get up from my bed. Well, it is not exactly MY bed. I am sleeping at my brother's place as requested to accompany my sister-in-law's younger sister. So, here I am. But now, it gave me this 'headache' as I can't possibly sleep well if I sleep here. But I can't sleep in the sofa because she will definately woke me up the next morning and it's not very comfortable.
Well, I manage to sit up when a friend of mine called me and telling me that one of our 'enemy' resigned from the previous firm (our most hated firm) and also gave me some details on firms that's looking for lawyer. So, ... I really thank my friend who called me. I got myself clean up and did some documents choosing and went out to shop to do some printing... for my second interview with this firm at Damansara Height. I was among five of the candidates who were being shortlisted. I walked into the building (UOA) and noticed a signboard that says: Visitor, please report yourself to the counter. In a second, I thought this is very familiar and .... were I here before and left my driving license with the counter???? OF COURSE I DID... I came for the first interview last Friday and guess what? YES....I left my driving license uncollected when I left the building. GHOOSH..... now what? There must be something to prove that I left my driving license here. I then searched my bag and I found a pass that was given to me in exchange of my driving license. hahahah......... and I went up for interview. Came down, and collect my driving license. Thank God, it's still there. ... I can't believe if I gave the counter my Identity Card instead...
The second interview were quite fruitful. The partner who interviewed me seems like a very experience and good lawyer. Even during the interview I manage to learn something from him. Well, he can't promise me a post because I do not have sufficient experience and he really needs someone who can help him to go to trial, do appeal to the Court of Appeal and yes, I NEVER done that before by my own. But he still shortlisted me. Now, I am 1 of the 3. Will wait for him to reply me on Monday.
During the interview, he was asking me about why didn't I accept the offer from the firm last friday, etc.. and I told him about the terms stated in the offer letter and he shouted like: WHAT? What are you applying? Partnership or Legal Assistant? They what? Want you to indemnify for any professional negligence? You better don't take the offer, ok? , etc, etc... hahaha... his reaction has confirmed me that I did the right thing not to accept the offer. haha... !!!
I came back, wondering if I will be given a chance in that firm to be trained by him.... but I guess, it's not my call, it is the LORD's now... I have done my part, and I will let Him do his. Meanwhile, I hope to hear from some of the firms I applied to these few days, before Monday.
... Dilemma ...

No comments: