Thursday, February 16, 2006

Job!!!

It was yesterday (15.02.2006) that a firm called me and told me that they are offering me a place. It is a small litigation firm. They (2 partners) seems nice and they seems to know two of the firms that I used to practice at. Guess they do have confidence in me either. Which is a good sign. I have told them I am accepting their offer yesterday (15.02.2006) and am going to the office to sign my letter of offer tomorrow (17.02.2006). I hope nothing goes wrong here. It is only a few days without a job but that's enough to made me feel 'crazy'!!!
What happen last week still stay real and fresh in my mind. I wasn't really sure why and how it all happen now, but I just knew in split seconds that, if i am not getting out of there, I will surely suffer a lot from that place and I will learn even more unethical things compare to my firm in Tawau. I am not sure where all the courage came from then, but it is over. I still remember how much fear I had the day before things happen. I called my parents and talked to my dad about the issue. The next day, I met a friend that really saved my life and I told my dad and he said, it must be sent my GOD because they have been praying hard for me on this. I really need to thank my parents and all my good friends who was with me during the whole week and to advice me and to guide me through. My previous litigation partner during my chambering in KL even helped me to call up the Bar Council and Disciplinary Board to check things out and to confirmed with me that my decision to leave was indeed correct. He even jokingly said it's an interesting and good experience. hahaha... Anyway, as a christian senior lawyer (13 years of experience), he really gave me a good spiritual and law professions guidances. I thank God for a good friend and boss like him.
Now that I got a job, I am not thinking of going back to Tawau at the moment, although I miss home so much. Can't stop thinking about my parents. But I also reminding myself to develop myself well as a lawyer in KL while I can.
I went down to KL to fetch my uncle, aunty, cousin and his girlfriend yesterday to meet my brother and his family for dinner. While we were in the car, my uncle were shock to find that my pay is so little. He asked me to go back to Tawau and start a firm. I said that's my plan also, but I need to be a good lawyer before I go back because everyone know who I am and their expectation to me is higher than any other new lawyer. I don't want that kind of pressure at this moment. In a way, they agreed with me. Later, they blessed me with a gift and some money (not a lot, but... it is indeed a blessing). After talking to my uncle on this, I think finally he knows why I am in KL although the pay is very little compare to Tawau. But, he did widen up my mind and eyesights about prospect in Tawau also. I am really blessed of havin this uncle and his family. He has been blessing me a lot.. at least, my degree!!! Thank you, uncle!!!
- thank you -

No comments: