Thursday, February 09, 2006

Another Thought!!!

Sorry for not being able to post anything this morning. I went to court in Shah Alam this morning. I am getting used to it and I am now less nervous on meeting a judge, speaking upfront, etc. etc. Well, in short, I am more confident now compare to months ago althought I am still new. The date stated well and I manage to get everything done. I was suppose to do some file search, but I only remember about it after I passed the Toll to Subang Jaya. I made a U-turn and things went all wrong since then. I got all my documents done and headed back to office. I made a few phone calls to ask someone to join me for lunch, and I only get one of my ex-colleague to call me back and willing to join me for lunch.
But just 1 minute before I was about to leave my room for lunch, this senior partner came in and asked me for the 5 research she asked me to do yesterday afternoon. I found out she is a IT idiot and she doesn't have have software in her PC to view PDF files. I saved all the documents in her PC for her so that I do not need to print it out, but she didn't appreciate that ( now i know exactly what to do next time). She was scolding crazily like why didn't you do this and that and why print it out, etc, and why not getting me some other reports, etc. And she said, if this is not urgent, she would have spent time scolding me. But she needs me to brieft her all the cases one by one. For goodness sacks, I really cannot remember ALL the cases and hence, I was scolded for not making notes, etc, etc. Well, I was just talking to my friends on the phone 10 minutes ago and I told her, this senior partner just reminded me on 2 things: 1. A lawfirm (hereinafter referred to as 'the law firm' and 2. my previous suprerior in JLPW ( always came out from the law firm). I think this law firm is really good in 'creating' one type of lawyer........amazingly, everyone from this law firm has the same patent and those ways and patents they are exercising, they think is the most PERFECT one (well, they are one of the top 3, so... ). I just hate the styles to be honest like they are LIVING FOR THE FIRM and do not have their own patent. ... anyway, even research that they ask us to do, they never tell you which file it is for, why do you need to do such research, etc. etc. All they ask is to look for A and A includes No.1 till No.999. ... and after you got all the 1000 types of A to her, she will tell you on 900 types that, those 900 types are not what she wants. Ridiculous.. really ridiculous!!!!
Well, no choice... unless i have my own firm, isn't it? Soon.. I will really not stay too long in this city. Pathetic city !! Well, I will try to fulfil what I need to get in this City and leave this place for good soon. ... May be just for this year. Next year after bonus, cabut...!!! See, I am missing home and my SABAH already!!!!
- miss -

No comments: