I was in the discussion with a friend about "my Father's business" about a week ago. And that, has made me conclude that, as a lawyer, I might not be in the position of helping with my "Father's business". Allow me to put it this way. My dad and my brother are priest. They are wearing a white robe while I am wearing a black one. They got people married and I got them divorced. ... Oh NO!!!!
***************************
It was this thought of what a Christian lawyer's status is in this society that bother me since the beginning my career. Just when I was decided to leave all my 'good life' behind me and enter into the legal professions, a good friend of mine gave me a Christmas present, "Live your passion, tell your story, change your world" by Rob Reccord and Randy Singer.
I still remember, it was the first day of my work in this law firm just opposite KLCC. I started my day by reading the frist chapter of the book, there, I came across this passage call: ON MISSION: Called to make a different. In it, it reminded me that the Great Commission is not issue just for Pastor, Priest and full time workers, but also to everyone. Hence, the POWER is universally available and the CALL is universally applicable.
I would like to quote the 8 principles for fulfilling your life's calling in this book for you this morning to encourage you and myself:
1. God has been PREPARING a UNIQUE PLAN and calling for your life since before you were born.
2. God calls you to a LIFE-CHANGING relationship with Him through Jesus Christ.
3. God calls you to PARTNER WITH HIM in a life-changing mission that is bigger than you are.
4. God repeatedly will bring you to CROSSROADS OF CHOICE as He forges and equips you for His mission.
5. God calls you to be ON MISSION with Him RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE - starting now.
6. God reveals His mission through His word, His Spirit, wise counsel, and His work in CIRCUMSTANCES AROUND YOU.
7. God guides you and provides for you to carry out your mission ON STEP AT A TIME.
8. When you answer God's call and fulfill His mission, you will experience His pleasure and inevitably CHANGE YOUR WORLD.
**********************************
2 nights ago, as most of my books are not with me (they are all in KL), I took the book up and read it again before I sleep ( after a while, this is the only book left). Again, I came across this passage and it reminded me that, althought I am not a Pastor, or a Priest or a full time worker in the church nor wearing a white robe, but God choose me to be a lawyer, a christian lawyer which I believe, to fulfil the plan He has for me and to this society.
I have already went through many crossroads of choices and I believe, He has equipping me for His greater missions in future. Hence, I am bearing in mind this 8 principles for fulfilling my life's calling as a christian lawyer.
How about you?
No comments:
Post a Comment