Last night, my cell group bring carols to 2 families. It was fun and we had a good time sharing and ministering. It has been for a while now that I didn't play acoustic guitar and the 'feel' of being a guitarist again made me feel a bit nervous. Hence, I did not play very well for the 1st visit. Nevertheless, I thank God for the opportunity to serve Him as guitarist again.
2 nights ago, I had dinner with my uncle from Kota Kinabalu(KK). He and his family were here in Tawau because of the wedding of a friend. During the dinner, we did mentioned about the way people are celebrating Christmas these days. He mentioned that although Canada is a christian country, the words such as Christ, Jesus, or Christmas Carols, Hymns are not suppose to be mentioned. Unlike Malaysia, we do have the freedom to put "Joy to the world" as background music in our shopping center. That reminded me of my time in England, where we only sang songs like "Joy to the world", "Silent Night", etc in church and not on the streets. Therefore, we should consider ourselves as blessed to be able to visit families on this Christmas season, to share the gospel and bring goodnews to others. So, let us give our best for caroling!!!
########################
It's yesterday afternoon that I received a news from my dad that my granduncle in Canada passed away. ... I guess I only saw him a few time. But his laughter and jokes remain in my mind all these while. He is 90 years old. So I shall take this opportunity to send my deepest condolences to his family, ... my family.
*** end ***
2 nights ago, I had dinner with my uncle from Kota Kinabalu(KK). He and his family were here in Tawau because of the wedding of a friend. During the dinner, we did mentioned about the way people are celebrating Christmas these days. He mentioned that although Canada is a christian country, the words such as Christ, Jesus, or Christmas Carols, Hymns are not suppose to be mentioned. Unlike Malaysia, we do have the freedom to put "Joy to the world" as background music in our shopping center. That reminded me of my time in England, where we only sang songs like "Joy to the world", "Silent Night", etc in church and not on the streets. Therefore, we should consider ourselves as blessed to be able to visit families on this Christmas season, to share the gospel and bring goodnews to others. So, let us give our best for caroling!!!
########################
It's yesterday afternoon that I received a news from my dad that my granduncle in Canada passed away. ... I guess I only saw him a few time. But his laughter and jokes remain in my mind all these while. He is 90 years old. So I shall take this opportunity to send my deepest condolences to his family, ... my family.
*** end ***
No comments:
Post a Comment