Thursday, September 03, 2009

Dream!

I remember stepped into a ship full of books the first time when I was very young... I think about 5 years old. Not to Doulos, but Logos. Yes, you got me right, it's the LOGOS, not Logos II. Dad and mom gave us the freedom to choose whatever books we want and we just grab what we feel like having (we still have it until today... but mostly, given to my nephew and niece now). That was the first memory I have with ship full of books... (Tawau has not much resources of books then).
Of course, Logos serves on other places after that and Doulos is serving around Asia and so, instead of Logos and Logos II, I visited Doulos a couple of times before today. If my memory serves me well, I visited Doulos at least 3 times since I came back from England.
I remember when I was in my teen, I was so impressed by the way they share gospel and how they serves people through their services and sharing every places they stopped at. My dream, was to be able to serve on the ship for at least 6 months. I think since then, God has placed 'evangelism' in my heart.. yes... it's through Logos and Doulos that this 'dream' was created.
Now that Doulos is finishing it's seaworthiness... my dream somehow still stays... in fact, I am reminded... of the 'calling' I have through and from it.
Is this a dream that I cannot never fulfill? Will it be Doulos II? I really pray this ministry will continue.... are you?
p/s picture taken from http://www.mvdoulos.org/
- Dream! -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go do it! my husband & i put our careers on hold & on the line for two months to join the STEP programme a few years ago & it was the best thing we had ever done in our life! God did marvelous things for us when we returned & instead of zero in our bank account, God blessed us abundantly in every way!

Turn your dream into reality! God will make a way!!! =D

-val-