Thursday, September 17, 2009

That's how it happen...

I always wonder how lawyers can forget about attending Court if they have put down the date properly in their diary. Well, of course I stop wondering years ago when it ALMOST happen to me when my firm's court clerk has failed to put one of the date correctly in the MAIN diary. Today, however... I experienced it myself.... I was asking my partner if my client (who happens to be her dad's friend) has ever contacted her about paying my fees which I billed since June 2009. She replied said she did and she also explained to the client about possible cost needed if we bring the matter to the High Court. The conversation went to she heard that our Summary Judgment was being dismissed and when she mentioned that, my mind suddenly remember the rulling date was some time in September. I open the file, checked my last record of Court Attendance and there, I found... the rulling date was 4th September 2009, almost.. 2 weeks ago. I couldn't even remember what kept me so occupied then that I totally forgot about attending court on the 4th September 2009. I remember talking to my partner about it one or two days before the hearing date and I can forgot completely about it until TODAY?
It amazed me... I mean... my mind... or rather.. memory... Now.... I have to find out what happen on the 4th. Did the Judge delivered the judgment without my presence or did she thrown out my case? I hope she didn't thrown out my case....
Who is at fault on all these? ME of course... for not entering the date into my itouch/phone (my diary). ARRRRRGGGGG.... !!!! I am now reminded... to put every single date on my diary... now, I am checking every files now...
Meanwhile, I am trying to get the court interpreter to ask her what happen on the 4th. My opponent... of course she is trying to be nasty in it. Not that she didnt' inform me, she is waiting for me to forget about the case and so that I will miss out the appeal date. How nasty... !!!!
Well...
Yiks...
- that's how it happen -

No comments: