Oh well, someone inspired me to write down what I went through for the past 8 years and so, yes, I am here, writing from the start... on the day when I first came back... from England. Of course, you can always cross-reference with this site: http://www.saddnesz.blogspot.com/. I was worshipping at STC, SS2 when I first arrived at KL in 1996. I still remember, it's only a handful of people gathered together every sunday and I helped with playing the guitar on every sunday even though I remember, we had many trained pianist who were then studied their piano degree in KL. Well, that will includes Nora Kim and Doris Chin who are serving at St. Patrick's Church, Tawau today. When I left for England, FCC was not formed. It was formed when I was in England and around 1997, I was informed that FCC is formed and they rented a place at Bandar Sunway. So, when I first came back, I joined FCC. For some reason, I was however being asked to serve in the Chinese service. I guess it was because I was actively involved in the Chinese service while I was in Tawau and therefore, I was asked to serve in the chinese service. However, as there's not enough manpower, I helped also in worship team in the English service. To cut the story short, I served in both services under 2 different pastors. As I was also persuing my Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) at University Malaya, I remember a brother will come to the university and pick me up after my class at 6pm to church, for worship practice. Trust me, the practice normally finished about 11pm and by the time we had our dinner, I normally got home around 1am or 2am. I was then attended the chinese SS2 cell group at the previous STC meeting place. It's a challenge for me on the first year of my return from England as I was not only trying to adapt to the 'new environment' (trust me, reverse culture is harder than adapting new culture), but I also struggles with organising my time with my studies and also ministries. I somehow, did not know how I got through the year 2000-2001. I was busy and very busy... and when I return from a 3 weeks' holiday to England with my parents to attend my convocation in October, I was informed that the English service's pastor is leaving FCC and ...
... to be continue...
- when I first came back -
1 comment:
man, you and desmond keep writting on the history you've guys had gone thru.. i read both, now it makes me miss you guys so much.. maybe i also should write, so that when you guys read it, you'll miss me too.. haha..
-danny-
Post a Comment