Together with a senior lawyer, we walked out from the chamber of a Senior Assistant Registrar and the first thing the senior lawyer said to a crowd of 25 others who were outside waiting for their turn was "Not even 3 minutes we were in there after waited 2 hours!", it has broke the silence and frustration of everyone who were there since 8:45am. Yes, our case were called first, that's a relief to the senior lawyer but not to me because I have another case and I was asked to wait... it's my partner's fault for forgetting to attend the said hearing yesterday and hence, I was quite sure that the case will be called last. Hence, my mood was kind of 'out' while waiting.
Few days ago, it was recorded in my diary that this case was fixed for rulling (giving out decision) and so, I went to court and when I saw my case was not listed, I was a bit shock and hence, I thought I had make a mistake and therefore I called my opponent. I was told I was right as my opponent also in court. So, I waited for about an hour plus where the interpreter of the Judge appeared and she told the other lawyer who were also waited there that there's no case for today. I was shocked and asked her if I was suppose to be there for the rulling. After checking, she came back and told me, no. Shocked... but I thought may be I made the mistake and so I went back to office. An hour later, my opponent called and asked me what happen in court that morning and I told him that apparently, the court said the date was not fixed for ruling but for other purposes. He was shocked too.
After the last 'shouting' of my office boy, I did all my filing and attestation by commissioner for oath myself. Didn't want him to throw my documents to the dusbin and caused me in trouble. We also found that, he always get matter done without a receipt lately and hence, we really wonder if all the attestations are legally done. Not until a day, when I went to court and in front of me, the commissioner for oath did attested the documents which were pre-signed without any record and hence, I believe, he got paid into his own pocket too.
Suprisingly, many Priest is suing people, their own fellow church members these days and it's surprice to know how many church members deceived their pastors and priest too. May be because they are PASTOR and not 'REVEREND'? hahaha...
Some law firm is having some difficulties getting their documents served by personal service lately as not may process server is available to service their documents outstation. So, I am doing my ex-firm a favour to serve one of the documents to 2 persons but I went and couldn't served because despites numerous knocking, no one open the door. Hard work it is... and I therefore wonder if I can set up a company, like a courier services kind of setting, just to serve documents for law firms. What do you think? hahaha...
- court matters -
No comments:
Post a Comment