As I was preparing the sermon for tonight in my cell group, I read thought Chapters 21 to 25 of Numbers in the Old Testament of the Bible. While I was almost done with my reading, a friend was online and we chatted for a while as I asked her about her husband's condition (her husband was dignosed with cancel a few months ago) and so, we praise God for He has somehow guilded them through and the condition of her husband is kind of 'stable' for now. Well, we we talked about what lesson we learned from all these. Due to the reading, I highligted that we have to remember how to put the Interest of God first in our life and of course she said she has been doing that and she didn't realise why I put that across to her. Well, to summarise, both her husband and her used to have this zeal for the Lord. From the day I arrived in Kuala Lumpur, I can see that they are serving God diligently, enthusiaticly, full of zeal. However, for the past few years just before I left KL, not only they have not serve the Lord in any of the ministries they used to served, but they have also started to miss sunday services. Zeal for the Lord? Passion for Christ? Hmm.... I must say, it's very discouraging to see them in that 'status'.
Just like the Isralites I must say. How many times does God need to rescue them? help them? encourage them? safe them? guide them? provide them whatever them complain about? deliver them? etc. etc... and yet... on Chapter 25, what did they do? God keeps on blessing them and yet they sinned against the Lord and they have even forgotten about God and His mighty works. They worshipped Baal. Let's not talk about the zeal that we have for the Lord. Being a nobel person, will you forget what God did for you in the past? How many times we have forget that and we start sinning on the same way again and again? How much more God need to deliver us from all these?
My friend told me she met a lady in the hospital who was being dignosed to have lung cancer few years ago too. 3 years ago, she was being told by the doctor that she only has a few more months to lives and so, she prayed and she heard the Lord ask her to solely trust in Him and so, she stopped all the treatment and just honour the Lord by giving her time to the Lord. Few months later, the doctor was amazed by her performance as the cancer was gone.
As I listen to what my friend told me, it has just reminded me that if we living for the Honor of God and we promise to honour the Lord with zeal, the Lord remembers.
In the lesson of putting the interest of God first, in the examples I listed above, would you focus on what treatment to go? what the doctor says? do I have enough money for treatment? or will you focus on what God want me to do now?
Phinehas was honoured for his courage and zeal because he did just as what God asked him to, without even thinking of killing is murder? or manslaughter? or... sins? ... He just did what pleased the Lord.
Are you honouring God First in whatever you do?
- honouring God FIRST! -
No comments:
Post a Comment