Wednesday, February 02, 2011

How are you?

I guess I wrote something about "take care" in my other blog... and today, I just wanna talk about the common question "how are you?" that everyone addressed to me lately. Well, besides asking how's my dad doing, everyone is asking how I am doing. I always do not know how to answer this question. Seriously. See, if I say I am fine, people will think i am seriously not alright and they got even more worry. If I say I am not fine, people will wonder why do I not fine? Is it because I am not alright spiritually? So, I really do not know how to answer that. I learned this a lot in England. Those who were with me back then will understand how difficult it is for me to answer that question. 13 years now, I am still haivng difficulties in answer that question. I will answer, but it takes a while to come around with 'words'.
I am glad... to have some really good friends... ML is always the best. She called, she didn't ask the question. All she does was asking how's my dad is doing and whether I have eat and sleep enough. Telling me what books to read, told me a story and offered to prayed for me. I always think her prayer is something not any ordinary people can do. We always joke around asking her to put that in English. Including all her biblical explaination, understanding and philosophy. I just love her so much. After not keeping regular contact with her for the past 3 years, ghoosh... i just miss her so much. After she finish praying for me and my family, all she told me was "it is alright to be not ok. that shows us how limited control of us over this universe" and she really comforted with me with not much of a saying. This kind of friend... I really thank God for having her in my life. She saved me once and this is the second time. Having her around (not physically) is like having her around physically. It's her who made me bold enough to take the step to face the difficulties in front. It is her who has been my encouragement.
Well, if you ask me now how am I doing? I can tell you, I am 'coping' alright. Except worries about works, finances and dad, nothing else I am worry about. Not that I can turn my worries into something now seriousy.... so, I will just take what may come.
- How are you? -

No comments: