Mom: Your brother is at Sydney now. You know?
Me: Nope.
Mom: Has he ever call you or come and visit you?
Me: Nope.
Mom: They didn't call you at all since CNY?
Me: Yup.
Mom: Haiz... you 2. When will you two's relationship will get better?
Me: Mom, you know it will never be. No point I keep on putting on efforts and the other party is not, right?
Mom: True. May be they are just too busy. You must understand.
Me: Mom, do you think I am not busy? It's all about priority.
Mom: True lah. I know you are very busy at work, trying to earn as much to cover expenses and to pay off workers and your own's expenses, taking efforts to fly back every now and then to see us. Thank God you don't have a family to take care of.
Me: Mom, one shall never take family or marriage or ministries as one of the excuse for not fulfilling certain responsibilities. It's very irresponsible to say that. Wife should be the husband's helper according to the bible, i.e. to be able to do MORE things for the Lord and fulfil MORE responsibility. Not less.
Mom: That's right... hmm...
Me: I never uses my sickness as one of the excuse that I can't work, I can't serve the Lord, I can't come back on weekend, etc. did I?
Mom: Yeah...
Me: It's just a matter of heart.
Mom: True. Just try to lives a happy life..
Me: I am.
(Mind you all, Just for the air tickets, I have been in debts for months now. But is that an excuse not to go back?)
- Priority -
No comments:
Post a Comment