Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Illegal !

I was pondering of this word, 'Illegal' for the past few minutes and wonder what is to be constituted as 'illegal'. Many in this country might not be able to understand it fully because we tend to think that 'illegal' and 'legal' has nothing so different. Well, I am not talking about 'illegal' acts like murder or any other criminal acts that will cause us to be in prison. I am quite sure that all of us are afraid of thouse 'illegal' acts. But what I am talking about here is that we soemtimes forgot that 'illegal' acts does includes something that we do almost everyday. What am I talking about? Well, we buy pirated VCD/DVD/CD, we sell pirated VCD/DVD/CD, we downloaded movies online, we cheat, we lie, we breaks the traffic law, speeding, drives recklessly, we cause damaged to others' belonging, we steal (information / thing / money), and so on and so forth.
But what is the difference? I started to realise what's the bible says when it says, when you angry with someone, it is equal to murdering that someone. I guess the Bible teaches us the same thing which is, it has no differences although we thought, murdering and downloading movies online are totally 2 different things. Mind you, both of those are considered as 'illegal'. When it is illegal, it is not pleasing to man and to God.
- illegal v legal -

2 comments:

JennyWong said...

Legal and illegal…. Nice topic. Last Saturday, your brother touch on the topic about abortion. So, last night, my housemate tried to prepare her sermon for the cell group and we discussed about this topic. Rev Doc Steven Tong said that, in some country, there are legal abortion and illegal abortion. If you go for legal abortion doesn’t mean that you are not sin against God. I thought about it myself it’s very true. Sometimes, it’s difficult to be a human being. Whatever we do, seems to be wrong. Don’t get me wrong, abortion is totally wrong no matter how good your motive is about the child or society, but murder is murder. Just like lying is lying…there is no white lie or black lie. Murder is murder, there is no kindhearted murder or wicked heart murder. Sigh…

theGodlyLawyer said...

Well, the thing is that we sometimes thought murder and lie are different in weight.. but in fact, they are not. they are still constituted as SIN.