Brazil honestly has disappointed me deeply. I still remember how Brazil captured my heart years ago. It's because of the way they play football. Of course, Pele also contributed to it either. If I am Pele, I am sure I feel very disappointed with the team.
However, ever since Pele, who else in Brazil that make another legend? It is not only football. In a company, in a family and even in a church, I think we forgot our responsibility to train our own successor.
When I leave FCC, this is one thing that I felt bad about. I failed to train someone to play the Bass guitar (although we do have a lot of them who know how to play). I failed also to train a good lawyer for FCC. I failed in many ways to pass what I know and learned to someone behind me.
I saw in church these few weeks that only a few churches trained some really good full time pastors. But the rest, they failed to see the needs now. I still remember years ago when I was young where my 'si fu' (teacher) told me that I need to know how to train up people and teach them everything I know. I guess as years go by and I forgot entirely about that teaching. I guess started from the year I left for England that I forgot that it's important to train up someone.
I am not sure how many of us would think of training someone to inherite your own ability. In one of the meeting last weekend, I was being reminded of my inheritance and 'family business'. I am not sure from which generation started that our family has started to serve the Lord full time. Many Rev. and Pastor is in our family. My dad is, my brother is, my cousin is, and so on and so forth. Obviously, my ancestor did fulfilled their responsibility. They trained their sons and daughters in following the Lord and His teaching. So, there is a duty for me to do now... that is to teach the next generation to follow the Lord and His teaching.
When this came into my mind last weekend, once again I asked the Lord of which area of ministry that He want me to get involve in. Youth? Children? Young Adult? I am still praying for the answer.
- Who is your successor? -
No comments:
Post a Comment