Thursday, July 06, 2006

Improvement!!!

When you get older and older, especially after your univeristy, I guess most of us don't really wanted to improve ourselves. We would sit back and relax for the purpose of 'enjoying' our lives. This happen majority to female rather than male as the male sometimes is forced to improve themselves to catch up with the 'world' so that they can 'polish' their bosses shoes clean and shinny. I met a lot of people in KK ( I am not sure if KK represent the whole Sabah...but I would think so) are relaxing themselves with what they have. They are easily feel contented. Female will feel life is at the peak when they got married. Male will feel contented when they got married, have money and power in their work place. Then they will stop thinking to improve themselves.
That is the reason why the older generation is to be said: OLD FASHION!!!
I brought my little blue ( my lovely car) to the service centre this morning. I wanted it to be fixed nicely especially the stereo. I had difficulties receiving signals after my last service in KL. I did went back to the service centre in KL but the technician said : "Oh... out of 10 customer, 8 will tell me they have the problem, I can't do much about it. May be you can try changing the stereo to a better one?" I took his word but was not very convinced. Thereafter, my little blue sailed over South China Sea and came to Sabah. This is it's first service in the wonderful land of Sabah and therefore, I told the customer relations personnel that its stereo might need to be fixed. I waited in that centre for about 3 to 4 hours (they promise me should be 1 hour or so) and just before I lost my patience, this personnel came to me and said: "Miss, we finally found out what happen to your stereo. It is nothing wrong with your stereo, it is your antenna. I think, your previous technician didn't put your antenna to a right place and that caused it hit the air-conditioning operator and it is about to cut the antenna. It's so shocking to receive such news as it is truely the technician's negligence.
As I was reading a book entitle : Medical Negligence law in Malaysia, I had a lot of thought about negligence. But like what the book said, in Malaysia, not many people know who owns a duty of care of who. I bet not many Malaysian know what kind of duty they have for their 'neighbour' (Neighbour is defined in my previous blog) . Hence, you can see the law is not enforced well in Malaysia. As a prudent driver in the road, I believe many of us do not know what is our duty of care and who does we owe our duty of care to. I almost met a car accident if my friend didn't shout for me to stop the car. It's my way and this car came out from a small junction came out no matter how with my car just in front of him. He didn't even want to look at me. I didn't horn him or do anything thought because I was quite sure he saw me and that's why it never crossed my mind that I have to stop. Upon turning, the car was slowly driven by the driver. I guess he really has nothing to do this afternoon. I tried to follow the car patiently. When we turned to a 2 lanes highway, I was on the left and the car was on my right... when I just about to over take the car, the car suddenly moved to the left and almost hit me. I horned of course and he look at me without a smile, but holding a cigeratte with one of his hand and driving in a lay back position really made me frustrated and it's my friend who start scolding and wanting to know his car plate number, etc... I am calling the driver driving negligently, but I think, the driver does not know his duty to the other drivers and hence, he shouldn't be given a driving license at all. I call that driver driving in a reckless manner. I do not know what you call him, but I will say besides recklessness, he is a nuisance to the public, to the world.
What is nuisance? ... I will furnish you with this knowledge on my next blog...
But for now, I do hope you are not driving without knowing your duty of care to the public or your 'neighbour'. Improve yourself...
- improvement -

No comments: