It's such a blessing where I found someone who is from Tawau that's familiar with one or two of the shopping centre here in Kota Kinabalu. The KK people wouldn't know what does a Tawau people is looking for in the city. The added point is that this friend is also came back from oversea and Kuala Lumpur. So, she brought me to a shopping centre, accompanied me to watch the 'Tokyo Drift". I happily bought 2 tickets, one with RM2 discount because my friend is a student still. I then went around the shopping mall trying to get what I need. Then we headed to the cinema. On the moment I entered the cinema, I saw many young people arounds. Obviously, I didn't doubt it until my friend told me that this movie is not suppose to be watched by those below the age of 18. I looked around the cinema and found that, 90% are below the age of 18. In front of me, were 3 kids aged between 6 to 11. Besides me also some young people aged around 16 to 17. I was shocked to know that the cinema personnel doesn't really bother about that. I asked my friend if this movie is really not suitable for those under the age of 18 (since this is her second time of watching the same movie), she was of the opinion that it better not to be watched by those under 18.
A cinema, operated in one of the BEST shopping complex in a city, the capital of Sabah and they are not following the instruction of the government and they obviously breached the law. Is the government, the custom, the authority is going to take any action against them?
Let's not talk about who will take action against who. Let's talk about those parents who bring their children into the cinema and watched movie like that. I just can't seems to understand the way the parents are thinking. May be they really taught their children well and that they are able to handle their emotions, etc... I am not judging their technic of upbringing a child. But I am just concern what these children will turn into for themselves, for the family, for this society. To many, these is not as serious as what I am of opinion of. However, I do have a research record said that most criminals committed crimes because of what they bear in them for years since their childhood. I guess, this... you can't deny. So, parents... if you do not know how to upbring your children, may be it is time to ask for help.
- unbelievable -
***********************************
Just before I end this blog, I just want to congratulates my dear friend, Rev. Ho Kee Chung for being ordained as Deacon this evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment