Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Challenge I

2 issues caught my attention today (17.05.2006) after I sent my little blue to North Port in the morning.

Firstly, the firm that I am with is asking me to indemnify them the sum of RM2000++ being the payment for the Professional Indemnity Insurance and Practising Certificate they paid for me earlier. I can understand they actually came out with the money for me and at first, I thought it is the normal practice of every firm. Hence, I didn’t make noise about it. Not until a friend told me I shouldn’t pay for it as the Insurance is suppose to cover the firm and not me. I was confused then by the policy and so on. So, I decided to do a research on it. I asked all my ex-bosses and friends who had the experiences of leaving a firm when they didn’t finish the whole year service with their previous firm. I found out that, they didn’t need to pay a cent for it. So, one of my friend actually told me that it is the discretion of the firm. I suppose it is. So, what I can tell now is that, since they deduced my salary, I am telling myself, I am not going to be so nice to them anymore. Honestly, I should have just given the firm 24 hours notice and left (since this is what they call, their office policy). They didn’t appreciate what I did and why should I appreciate them?

When I was told that I need to reimburse them around RM2000, my heart keep on asking myself if I did the right choice. I text my dad and what I got the answer from him is that, do I want to let go of the opportunity or to let go of the RM2000. I guess, it is really not money issue, it is the principle that I am holding on. I do not want to pay for NOTHING. Well, …. What can I do? They made me pay them already by deducting my salary.

A few hours later, after much thought, I had this thought that I am glad that I am leaving this “kiam siap” (stingy) firm and KL. I guess it is really time for me to leave.

While I was thinking and feeling excited about leaving KL ….

Second issue came by the mouth of a good close friend telling me that she received information about my partner in KK. Those who used to work with her didn’t really like the way she works and they think she knows nothing and she is lazy. Not accountable to what she does and she is not good in her work. I was shock at first when I heard it. I can’t deny the fact because all those who told her, are also my friends and they sent their concern to me and asked me to be careful.

If you ask me, OF COURSE I am worry. But I also thought of the 2nd option if this partnership doesn’t work well. That I might join some good firm in KK or Tawau. My point is, … I want to go back to Sabah and practice in Sabah. Don’t ask me why. It is just a feeling that it is time to leave KL. So, let’s try the partnership first before anything else. May be I am the only one can work with her? I will never know until and unless I try it. So, I am ready for a big try like this. What say you?

2 comments:

SaDdNesZ.jc said...

This post... should be deleted... just in case your 'partner' reads it.. and holds you liable... and sue you for defamation???

hahahahaha....

theGodlyLawyer said...

Well, if she happen to read it, I will tell her exactly what I heard. hahahaha... I know my friend well. :)