Thursday, May 04, 2006

1st Move

04.05.2006

9:00am till 1:00pm

I was sitting at my desk doing NOTHING. I mean, NOTHING.

2:30pm

I saw my boss came back from court and without waiting for long, I went to his room with all my transport and parking claim and thereafter I told him that I am leaving this firm. He acted so calmly and said, it is alright to leave if opportunity is there. After all, Sabah is your home town. Well, as I never was given any offer letter, I asked him how long I should give him notice. He said it should be with immediate effect. Then he asked if I can stay till end of the month. Obviously, that’s my purpose of telling him today. Everything seems ‘simple’ to him but actually, not to me.

2:35pm

My boss went in to my BIG BOSS room and told her that I am leaving end of this month.


2:45pm

My colleague/senior came to me and jokingly said: ‘The whole “C” port folio’s military died” and we both laugh because when we talk about this last week, I was the ‘survivor’. But now, not even a single one survived. Well, now I assume that everyone in the office knew what happen.

2:50pm

I am checking out how much I need for this whole MOVE. Painfully, I need to use so much money and I need to make sure that this business is going to be successful.

3:00pm till 5:00pm

I first SMS my previous secretary at my previous firm to ask her about how much we need to pay for the insurance and thereafter, checking if my insurance here with this firm can be transferred to my firm in Sabah. I am still researching on the prices and consider all possibilities.

I SMS my dearest dad and mom telling them that I have told my boss and I might need their help, financially as the boss was telling me that I need to bear the Practising Certificate and Professional Indemnity Insurance which was paid by them earlier. SMS received confirming that they are fully supporting me that bought me delights.

I SMS my partner telling her what happen and she suggested that I should ask the insurance company and see what I can do to minimize my expenses.

I SMS my dear cousin to ask her if she and her husband mind if things and car shipped to their address first if I cannot find any place by then. They agreed.

5:00pm

I am sitting at my desk with only one file on my table. Boss has left and I am waiting for a few more Letter of Demand to pass it to me for signing. Thereafter, I am sure I can leave.

6:00pm till 6:15pm

One senior lawyer and my office manager were asking me about my resignation. Now, I am quite sure that the whole office knows about the news.

1 comment:

SaDdNesZ.jc said...

it is done...

Habislah...