It was raining and it because because of the meeting in the office that I finish work late on last Friday. I rushed home after that, had my dinner at 6:15pm and there I was on my way to the airport to catch the 8:20pm flight to Kota Kinabalu. Well, I dragged my heart and soul and mind to Kota Kinabalu because of the stupid, unnecessary, expensive one day compulsory course and exam on Saturday. I need to attend the said course to enable me to be admitted to the Sabah Bar althought it is never a requirement set under the Advocates Ordinance.
On Friday evening at 9pm. I arrived the airport and friend was there to fetch me. The moment I enter the car, I was asked whether I want to join the team (Members of Faith Christian Center, KL) in Christ the King, Kingfisher. I was very tired because I only went to sleep at 3am the night before, but it sounds persuasive and hence, we went to meet the team. It was a wonderful evening although I didn't do much and I was late for the meeting. I was blessed. After the meeting, it was the selling of Jonathan's Album, the Purpose and thereafter, we went for supper. I tag along with the team as the host invited them. I get along with some youth and it was really great and wonderful time. I reached my friend's place at about 12am.
The next day, the course starts at 8am. I dragged myself there... thinking I will be suffering there for the whole day. After I registered myself, someone named Tony came and talked to me. Thereafter, a few other guys and gals came and we get along quite well. At the end of the day, we knew each other quite well and some of us are going to meet again this coming Friday, 13.1.2006 in the High Court of Sabah & Sarawak in Sabah for the Admission hearing. And it was them that made me realise that I ought to file in a document by Monday, 9.1.2006. It's quite impossible for me to get it done on time, but I will have to find the way. I finished the course at 6:30pm. Right after that, I called a few person to try to solve my problem. I got our office's runners to help me to get it down by Monday. But firstly, I will have to get the documents drafted and signed. I therefore, called my cousin. She and her husband were kind enough to fetch me and helped me with all the documents. I even manage to meet my grandaunty and an uncle and aunty and some relatives that I haven't meet for the past 10 years. It was a suprising, unexpected but warm " meet up". YES, I really thank God that I got my problem solved after all. I reached my friend's place at about 10:30pm. I wanted to take my shower. I tried to open my luggage, but... the lock was not functioning. It was locked and I failed to open it although I was so sure that the number was correctly set. I was a bit frustrated due to all these tiring days and matters. I therefore, tried to break open it by a scru-driver with the most minimal damage possible. I did. I broke it, but it's still useable. Got my shower done, then set my head on the pillow. I was so tired!!!
The next day, Sunday morning, I woke up at 6:40am. Went to All Saints Cathedral for the 7:30am English service. I met a few friends there, i.e. Pastor Margeret Chong, Rev. Chok Kee and family, Rev. Chee Wai (dunno how to spell his name in English), Brooke Anne, Jonathan Tse and Fung Fung (both, I actually arranged to meet them there). Wow.. to be honest... I missed the traditional service. Archdeacon Albert Vun was there. He is now the priest for All Saints Cathedral as well as St.Patrick's Church, Tawau. But he will be there in All Saints most of the time now. He preached a very darring but forceful and persuasive sermon. I am sure some will start critisising, but I think he should preach what he preached. After the English service, I joined Jonathan (representing FCC, KL) to D'Stream Anglican Church for a visit. Oh.. before we left All Saints, I met a friend... I almost forgot this friend. He used to stayed with us for a while when he came over to study in Tawau. He is originally a Lahad Datu guy.. but.. well.. he claimed now that, he is from Tawau. hahahaha.. yeah.. really nice to be able too met him. Back to D'Stream... I cannot believe I met so many familiar faces there. If you have been in FCC for long, I am sure you know who is Aunty Katherine... and Lucciana. hahaha.. yes, I met them.. and of course, Pastor Kenneth and Pastor Thomas as well.
While I was talking with Aunty Katherine, this girl came to me and said: "Pei San, do you remember me?". I was shocked. ... Suprisingly, I think I know who she is, but I can't be sure. AFter a good 12 years and she appeared in front me? I have been looking for her all these while, but I failed. But.. wow.. she is standing just in front of me. I was so suprise...!!!!!!! Cathrine Kong she is... wow.. !!! Long time. I met her in the Anglican first INTRIGUE in 1993. We write to each other quite often until I went over to study in England and she went over to Singapore for a nursing course. Wow.... she still remember my address and she was so suprise to know that I still remember she was studying Nursing in Singapore. hahaha..... if time allows, I really wish I can sit down with her and chat. But... I was in hurry... !!! Yes... right after D'stream, we went back to All Saints and fetched Fung Fung for lunch and shopping. We were in hurry because Jonathan have to go to Keninggau after lunch. We went to Damai. hahahaha... we met so many church friends there................ we keep on saying "hi" and "bye" on our way to and fro the eating place.
During the lunch, I manage to talk and share with both Jonathan and Fung Fung about the churches in Kota Kinabalu and what they might be facing and giving them some churches and people's history. I can't believe that 2 of these friends of mine are leaving KL or Tawau soon for KK. I went shopping, then Tanjung Aru for some food and drinks thereafter before I catch the 5:40pm flight back to Tawau. I reached Tawau at 6:30pm. Parents then brought me to Dreamland for set dinner and shopping for 'chinese new year' in a shop. When we reached home and after I took my shower, I came down, and we enjoyed the dried cutterfish I brought back from KK. Dad is an expert for that sort of cutterfish as my grandfather use to sell that as living. We enjoyed it so much. I was so tired and when the clock turned 11pm, I hardly open my eyes and I went to sleep.
This trip... was tiring.. but fruitful. I enjoy every moment of it. I now, started to miss my life in Sabah. I love travelling.. and I love meeting friends when I travels. Hmm........some friends I met in the course did gave me some insight about where to choose to stay and work... most of them choose Sabah because in deed, we can be boss easily in Sabah and well, ... I guess every lawyer will at the end open their own firm one day... but if we work in KL, it is quite difficult. Hmm.............!!! That, really struck my mind... !!! I am still praying hard. If God shuts all my doors in KL, I shall come back to Sabah. It's therefore all depends on 19 and 20 January's interviews. hahahaha..
Please, continue to remember me in your prayer!!!
2 comments:
interesting, what one can find when googling one's name. ya, i'm vain and "bo liao" =)
t's such a great site. fabulous, extraordinarily fascinating!!!
-------
[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony Mozgowe[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]
[url=http://www.liners.pl/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,2116/]opony[/url]
Post a Comment