Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Past 4 months v. future

This is the 4th month after I return from KL. Time flies (when your life is comfortable and easy) and I am about to leave this comfortable town and family again. Right after this move, no one will know what's in front of me. I suddenly feel insecure. There and then, I started to evaluate my life for the past 4 months. It was really difficult for the first month, but after the first month, I adapted to the new environment. I joined the worship teams, both Chinese and English, I joined the cell group and also helping the Girls' Brigade. I feel so contented. In the morning, I came into the office and work and I still manage to do what I want after working hour. During my 4 months stay, I knew a couple of friends and although they are young and do not understand me fully, they're always there to cheers.

I told a group of friends about my dilemma, whether to stay or to leave this place about a month ago. And most of them told me they don't really know how to pray for me as they really wishes I stayed on and they can't seems to bring themselves up to pray that I will succeed in one of the interviews. Well, honestly, I find it difficult to pray either. So, I always pray that the Lord's Will be done instead of my wishes.

I honestly going to miss my cell group in Tawau. A friend told me I feel the sense of belonging here in this cell group because I am not leading. I am not the leader and the sense of responsibility is not placed in my shoulder. That's why I feel joy. I can tell you, I wish the cell group day to arrive every week. Mostly, I think because I have a group of friends whom I am close to, and about my age that I can share with, be it spiritually or not. I am going to miss them.

I met some lawyers in court this morning. I know most of them and we had a chat. Hmm... it's really true of what I want. If I aim to start my own firm here in this small town, then I will have to come back earlier, say now... otherwise... I will have difficulties picking up. I am not standing on my ground merely because of this and also I want to know, where God wants me to go. I am a person who is contented if I am given a good job, good environment, good pay. So.....

I am missing my parents. During these 4 months, we have up and downs but I enjoy time with them although it is not easy to catch up with them after a 10 + years away from home. But God has been great!!!

... I am going KL later in the evening. Hopefully, I can find the answer of whether to stay or leave after this trip.

If you happen to click on this blog tomorrow and friday and see no posting from me... please say a little prayer for me. Thanks...


... will be back ...

No comments: