Woke up at 9am this morning, thinking to get some emails done and also to prepare myself for the interviews. I have 2 interviews today. One is at 11am and another is at 2:30pm. While I went online in the morning, I just noted that I didn't know the way to the first interview. Thank God I met a few friends online and they gave me proper directions. I went for the first one. It was by a lady. She is one of the partner in the firm. She asked me all sorts of questions by using my own resume, which I sent to her about a week ago. She asked me almost every details I posted on the resume. She is not familiar with some of the laws I exposed to during my pupillege. She asked me to explain one by one and at the end of the 1 hour interview, she said she is willing to offer me, if I am alright with the paid, that's about RM300 below my expectation. Both of us were not very happy because she insist that I do not have experience in the area of law their firm is practising and that I do not deserve what I am asking for. But my counter claim is that, if I can prove it to her and her firm that my works is worth what I am asking for, then she will paid me for that price. She agreed, by setting that she will paid what I am asking for or ever higher after a 3 months probation period. So, that's it...
Right after the interview, I was thinking to myself... this is devastating.... as a fresh lawyer, I only worth so little? But... Tawau's firm is paying me much higher than this firm, plus, I don't really want to specialise in just one area of law. I want to learn and develop myself to be a strong advocate and be able to open my own firms said, 3 years later. So, I am setting my mind and soul to said, if Kadir, Andre & Partners (the one interviewed me yesterday) did offer me, I will stay in KL. Otherwise, I shall go back to Tawau, enjoy myself, get paid and relax...
After the first interview, I look at the clock and noticed that I have about 1 1/2 to 2 hours before my second interview. Hence, I went to 1 Utama for a short, 1 hour shopping. Well, as some of you know, I did gained weight.. and FAT either.. so, I have very limited clothes with me. I therefore, tried to get some. When I look at the price... I hardly willing to pay for it... but yes, I did manage to get what I needed the MOST.
Thereafter, I went down to KL from Damansara. I reached the place at 1:40pm. So, I found a place and sat down for my lunch. That area, my goodness.... I have chosen the cheapest food and it cost me RM16.95 inclusive of drink.
Anyway... there, I went up to 5th Floor for the interview. I was interviewed by a lady who has this American slang. She spoke about her expectation on her Legal Assistant and she also tell me straigh away, after a 20 minutes interview and talk that she would like to offer me a place. Well... that's really give me a shock as, unless they are really really in need of people, otherwise, giving me an offer after a 20 minutes talk is really a bit too soon and unexpected. Especially for a firm who is paying me quite high (still not as high as what I can get in Tawau). Well, I don't really know the reason why she is offering me. I cannot remember if I put my ex-boss in Jeff Leong, Poon & Wong, Mr. Wong Hok Chong as my reference. Because Mr. Wong did mentioned that this firm is quite good and he seems know the people in this firm. If that is the case, then the possibility that they check me out through Mr. Wong would make it possible for them to give me and offer straight away. But I am not certain on this. Well, I did ask her to give me some time until next Tuesday to confirm with the offer.
But right after this interview, my heart is really ... ???? I can't tell. Is that the feeling that I am getting a 'signal' to said, no.... you don't like it here.... in KL. ... etc. etc. You know.. it's just a feeling of 'unwillingness' to accept the offer or may be it is too bizzare to have such offer? Or I was not expecting and not within my expectation? whatever it is....
this has really brought some 'uncertainty' into my mind. At one side of my mind, I wanted to accept it straight away, but the other side of my mind, I don't want to. And another part of it, it tells me I should wait for Kadir's reply before I made my decision. But IF Kadir did offer me, which firm should I join? Well, I have time to think until next Tuesday. So, I better utilise my remaining days to seek advices from others, ie. my ex-boss and my parents.
So, basically.... of all my sharing....
Please continue to pray for me...
- Thanks -
No comments:
Post a Comment