Thursday, January 19, 2006

First day Interview in KL

Thanks for praying. I know some friends who really prayed for me. I even received a wonderful, nice, warm SMS from a friend in cell group, Tawau who text me saying she is praying for me. Indeed, I think that's the support and encouragement I want.
The first day of interview started pretty well. As promised, I asked my ex-boss in Rockwills Corporation Sdn. Bhd., Mr. Lim to have lunch with my ex-boss in Jeff Leong, Poon & Wong, Mr. Wong. Through the lunch and discussion, we came out with a 'more likely happen' situation. That is my Mr. Wong won't get much works to sustain a legal assistant. I expected that to happen because I sort of know how Rockwills run their business. And that's the main reason I applied for other law firms. So, yes.. that's done. I did told my parents before I came over that I don't really want to work with Mr. Wong because I don't want to work like how I work in Tawau. So, things settled. I am not joining him.
After the lunch and meeting, I took an LRT down to Dang Wangi station, and to Menara Safuan, next to Wisma Denmark at Jalan Ampang, a firm called Kadir, Andre & Partners. Before I applied, I was told my some ex-colleagues of mine that the boss is terrible. He shouts at people, he see you as NOTHING and he is really arrogant. His secretary keep on changing and for last year's record, he changed 5 secretaries. Anyway, I don't really know on what basis he wanted to interview me and he even allowed me to arrange my time. May be he is desperate for someone. I was told he is looking for someone senior, but I am fresh. So, I was really wondering. But all these didn't deter me from attending the interview and so on. I arrived about 10 minutes earlier than the scheduled time. I waited for a while and then, I was interviewed for a good 2 hours in his room. This is the most unusual and long interview I ever attended. I can tell you that if I get in to this firm, I will certainly gained some reputation. And if I really work hard and really good in my works, I will be well known among my peers. But I also understand, I need to put double efforts in getting what I am aiming for. I can tell you, if I really work there, 2 years later, I should be able to start my own firm. I am so motivated to get into this firm although he used 20 minutes trying to scare me off. Yes, he failed. After all the talks, I still wanting and keen to join the firm and work under him. He is impressed he told me. ... However, I am sure the only things that he is now considering is that, I am fresh and he need to train me up. I am still praying hard... on HIS Will be done....!!!
After the interviews, I went home, took my shower, had my dinner and I went to get something for my nephew. Yes.. it's his 2 years old birthday and his parents set up a mini birthday party for him. He was so happy and he got many presents and he just can't stop laughing and happy... really happy to see him happy. Of course, I did spent some time playing with my 6 months' old niece. She is really cute and nice to play with. She wasn't really happy this morning. According to her mom, she might have angry about her mom. I holded her, carried her, talked to her and before she go to bed, she was laughing, having fun and she is ok. haha.....
So, yes.. that's my first day out of 2 days journey in KL. ...
- praying -

2 comments:

SaDdNesZ.jc said...

So you've decided?

But at the sound of things, this move will require a significant sacrifice on your part...

And do consider this fact... The last time an employer told me that he believed that I, a junior, had what it takes to do a senior's job, he expected and never taught...

And I was left to dry...

theGodlyLawyer said...

Well, as a lawyer, we have been trained of how to find your ways to get things done ourselves and not by how others teach us. So, when he said that, I think he did meant, I would need to sacrifies lots of my time, finding things. Well, believe me, ... all lawyers went through the same thing on the first few years of their practice. Very few is lucky to find a good senior to guide them. thanks for reminding though...