Monday, September 10, 2007

Great man of God!


During my last visit to Tawau, my hometown, a grandaunt passed to me and my dad a booklet. A booklet which has a record of Elton Hill, a missionery who served in Borneo. He has made such an impact in today's churches across Borneo. The reason this grandaunt gave us this booklet, not because of Elton Hill, but it's because it has records of my great great grandfather. (My dad's grandmother's father) His name is Fong Hau Kong. He came from Guang Dung, China around 1890+ and served God here as missionary and later, he was ordained as Deacon and Priest and became the first Priest in Kudat, Sabah. He was made Deacon after a few years of serving, but only ordained as Priest after 20 years of serving as Deacon. The moral of the story of what he did was his faithfulness to the Lord!!! He is a great man of God.


Now if you ask me how many of us in the family who is a Reverend/Priest, I really scratching my head. But it's clear that I am at least the 5th generation's Christian. Now I started to know why I have such burden for people in Sabah.

It is continuous....

- Great man of God! -

No comments: