I went to court this morning for a very simple hearing. While I was waiting for my turn, many lawyers turned up and some of them started to chat with their friends, etc... and I realised that I have very few lawyer friends in KK. I was talking to a friend on phone last night. I chamber together with this friend of mine in the same firm when I was in KL and we called to the Malaysia Bar together on the same day. During our conversation, she reminded me that we are no longer a fresh lawyer. However, we feel that we are because we have very limited exposure. For the past few weeks, I really felt a bit weird as I am having the feeling of wanting to quit to be partner in this firm. The main reason is that not only income that is limited, but also because exposure also very limited. May be I have been rested enough. I do feel like working like a cow again. I do feel like working and working and working until I do not have time for myself. I am not sure why would I want to be as such. It is just a feeling perhaps. Or may be I am quite free this week in both my work and ministries.
Some of you do know that I have given myself a time frame in this partnership. That's 2 years in this partnership to see if I am going anywhere from here. If I don't, I shall venture on something else. A year is ending... Another year to come. I do thank God for His providence for the 1st year. I honestly wanted to trust Him on the second year, but I am not sure because I am in fact asking for a clear direction from Him. I hope He will continue to sustain me for the coming year... at the same time, give me a clear direction for my next step.
just a 'weird feeling'...
No comments:
Post a Comment