I looked up at my Oxford Dictionary online on the word 'sacrifice' just to make sure that the situation that I am facing today means 'sacrifice'. hahaha...
Well, here's the definition given:
• noun 1 the practice or an act of killing an animal or person or surrendering a possession as an offering to a deity. 2 an animal, person, or object offered in this way. 3 an act of giving up something one values for the sake of something that is of greater importance.
• verb offer or give up as a sacrifice.
...
I am kind of speechless since last week when I came to know that 2 of my cases fell on my 'holiday' dates. One is on 31st of January and another one on 7th of February. Four friends together with me managed to purchase RM0.99 ticket to go to Tawau. As I come from Tawau and they never been to Tawau, we are all excited about it. However, just a week before the actual date, which is TODAY, I realise that I can't go. Some might just said, it's all MY choice because I can choose to ask someone to 'stand-in' the case for me or even ask my partner to go on my behalf. But I choose not to. Mainly because it's my client and it's my duty. Well, may be I am too responsible for everything that is in my hand. May be I should 'share' my 'burden' with my partner? haha.... now this something I do not wish to explain here. I am so reluctant to 'share' anything with my partner lately. After all, this is MY DUTY and RESPONSIBILITY.
So, yes... all my friends arrived in Tawau. They just text me a while ago. I hope everything is fine and that they enjoy the trip.
It's duty and responsibility that made me sacrifice a lot of things all these while. I shall say, these 2 elements brings 'committment'. Committment, according to the Oxford Dictionary means, 1 dedication to a cause or policy. 2 a pledge or undertaking. 3 an engagement or obligation that restricts freedom of action. Well, all these... require you to understand, acknowledge and fulfil your duty and responsibility.
I, an advocate and solicitor. Hence, I have the duty and responsibility as an advocate and solicitor. Duty for my client, duty for the court, duty for my partner and duty for my own firm. I am practising under the style of name of my firm. Hence, I have duty and responsibility towards my firm. As a cell leader, I have certain duty also. Duty to take care of my members, duty to lead cell group meeting every week. Duty to my Rector, Duty to serve, Duty to the Lord, etc. etc. As a worship team member, I also have a few duties that needs my attention and commitment. For example, duty to be there when it is my turn to play, duty to make sure that i do not make noise during sermon, duty to make sure that I dress properly when i am on duty. Duty to make sure that I do what I should when I am on stage and down the stage, and so on. As a daughter, I have a few duties too. Duty to take care of myself, hahaha... duty to take care of my parents, etc. etc. As a sister for my brother, aunty for my nephew and niece, I do have duties as well. Everyone has different kind of duties. A husband or a wife or a mother or a father will have different duties. A doctor, a lawyer, a clerk, a shopkeeper, a banker, an accountant, a security guard, whoever we are, all of us have different kind of duties. When these duties are acknowledged and understood and performed, it does required commitment. When commitment took place, it will certainly involves sacrifice. For and example, if you are a mother, although you like to be a lawyer working in the law office, but you have to sacrifice your job because you have to take care of your children.
If you follow my blog constantly, you will remember that my clerk has failed to realise her utter commitment. She wants both, job and taking care of her children. She therefore brings her children to work. I hope you don't do the same mistake.
So, whenever you tell yourselves you committed into something, do make sure that you understand that it involves sacrifice. You will sacrifice a lot of times, energy, fun with friends, parties, etc. etc. If you are serving as worship team member, so sorry to say, you have to sacrifice your Friday evening for practice. Or even more than that if you are not a good musician. If you get what I mean.
All these, involves sacrifices!!!!!
- sacrifice -
No comments:
Post a Comment