Friday, October 20, 2006

Passion / Burden...

I joined this church about 3 months ago and since I always have heart for the young people, in a way, I scare to pay them a visit (well, I do not want to get involved so much) However, I was introduced to the youth leaders and I am not sure how it came along, I was invited to take a session last Saturday in their Youth meeting. So, that leaves me no choice but to pay them a visit. It has a total of around 15-20 people that evening and the number itself has just gave me a shock. During the meeting, they do not seems to have the passion althought they were enjoying themselves.
Well, I guess... that really hurts me... I mean, it is not the reaction that hurts me, but it hurts me when I saw so few in the youth and they doesn't seems 'active' enough. I am not sure if that's the burden God placed in my heart, but I certainly know that something need to be done...
While I was having a tea break with a friend, she mentioned about running a camp for the youth and so on. Well, I know I have to put my focus back to my Cell group (Young Adult), but I guess I notified the needs in the Youth now because without them, I won't be able to have more Young Adult. So, I have come out with something in mind... a camp, equipping camp. A Camp that equips them to follow Christ everyday of their life. A Camp that can makes them to put God first in their life, so as to prepare them for their future and also a Camp that will prepare them for God's calling. Well, it is going to be hard work and I do need a few good leaders to help me with. But, I am ready to give them a hand and I want to make everyone knows and acknowledge my church youth.
Suddenly, I feel burden....
- passion / burden? -

3 comments:

SaDdNesZ.jc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SaDdNesZ.jc said...

I can help...

But that will mean flying back to KK...

hhhmmm....

JennyWong said...

I can help too...

I feel burden/passion too when i read about that. But i'm too far...

Hmmmmm.....