Funny...
A friend told me she has a spritual encounter over the weekend. I later found out that she was prayed by someone and was filled by the Holy Spirit, which is good... but things are not over yet and she is still praying hard. So, I joined her in prayer.
I was reading a blog this morning and it was about 'depression'. About mind, about controlling of mind or face the problem of emotions.
I read a few blogs later and realise most of us gone thought this up and down kind of emotions from time to time in our lives. I too, going through the most difficult time. I am left alone after a good 4 weeks of busy accommodating people. I was so bored until I called Astro for subscription.
It only took them 10 minutes to install the whole thing, but the programme won't run until end of today or tomorrow morning. Hence, I took out the smallest law book I have and start reading it again. It's the The law of medical negligence in Malaysia. If you reads law, you probably know what is the Bolam test and so on. I read through that a few months ago and realise there are a bit different between the Malaysia and UK law. Some of you do know that I love this area of law. I do not afraid of suing doctors/hospitals if they are negligent in their practises. So, to catch up a little bit more, I started to read the book I have. Only then I realise I always skip the first chapter which is about the history of medical negligence. I was shock when I get to know that 'medical negligence' started thousand of years back by a group of people: The priest.
This is what I think: The author of the book thought the laying hands and praying for the sick caused medical negligence because the priest in the ancient times is not only those who are preaching the words of God or the one who is familiar with the law, but also physician/doctor.
I was reminded therefore of my friend who told me of what the pastor told her during her prayer last weekend. I am just wondering, could this pastor acted negligently or she really failed to recognised or even deny her own problem? Now, I am really worried...
- medical negligence? -
2 comments:
hahahahaha...
Does the 'priest' concept still apply today since now, people segregate clearly between scientific and divine??
Most people see 'praying over' as a form of spirituality that 'may aid' the recovery/healing of a certain ailment. I don't think people think that medicine is a form of aid to the priests.
So, there you go... In my book, priests can only be sued for spiritual negligence, when they have not looked after their sheep properly...
And priest is judged by God, not by man? well...
Post a Comment