Wednesday, April 02, 2014

A long drive....

It has been for quite some time since I last travel a long distance journey without driving, being a passenger.  It has also been quite a long while since I travel in the early morning before the sun is up. I was to attend a hearing this morning at Tongod Land office and so, client picked me up at 3:30am and we travelled by car to our destination.  We chatted for a while and I fell asleep around 4:30am. When I open my eyes around 5:30, I saw sunlight..... and it reminds me of my younger days....

During my younger day, the church was run by a group of wonderful and faithful God's people and dad and mom are the 2 who has been around during those time, especially when we do not have any residence priest at that moment and even when we did, they are all English or Australian who doesn't speak chinese.  My dad therefore was being given a license to preach and started his journey as a preacher.  He was required to travel to other places to preach as those churches are mostly chinese speaking congregation and there's not many preacher then.  So, we used to travel a lot in the very early morning..... by car, to Semporna, to Lahad Datu, and to some other interior places.  Those days, those churches do not have a full time worker, what more priest.

While we were on our way, one of the best thing we always do or play with is, to count the stars. We also try to focus on a star until the sun come up and it disappear. Of course, besides we sleep and fight in the car. hahahahahaha.... This morning's journey just reminded me of those days... i travel with my parents and brother to places just to worship the Lord. Listening to my dad's preaching has been one of the big part of my childhood memory. And I know, many were blessed and encouraged by his preaching too.  That's I learn too.  Do what we can to serve Him, do not bother about the 'result'.  Being a pioneer tends to be forgotten by others when it get succeeded.  But being a pioneer, it's a privilege, even though many hardship was endured. Seeing churches these days has at least one priest and a few full time workers.... I am sure that's one of the best thing my dad is happy about in his life.
- a long drive ... -

No comments: