Over the years, people loves to wonder certain facts about me. Well, I don't blame them because I do not 'act' like a 'normal' one anyway. I won't say I am weird, but instead, I think I am special. I am just not 'normal' — in the world's standard. People never asked me why I did what I did, but instead, people 'expect' me and/or asked me to do what they, or the general people do. I always feel 'offended' with their requests. Why should I follow the way they 'think' is 'correct'?
I always know people will understand why I did what I did if I explain to them the reasons. But how many people in the world I can address my 'explanation' to? I just feel lazy to keep explaining. So I always understand the feeling of those who are sick and handicap. For those, people can accept them to be 'different' because it can be seen that they are indeed 'different' and have 'special needs'. Unlike me, I will probably have to explain.
And that's probably the last thing I wanna do. If people cannot accept the differences I am, then I am fine with them leaving me as who I am. From day one, it's already difficult for me to accept it myself, what more others? Do I need to explain just for myself to be 'accepted'? Do i need to be self-pity?
My only comfort to myself all these years is though the world does not accept me, my Lord is. Even if the world misunderstood me, the Lord my God & Father is and will not.
Is that enough? For a while, it is... but the 'general world's perspective' is really shaking me out... may be i need someone to tell me he/she loves me because of who I am, and not some 'expectation'. I don't know.....
- Different Perspective... -
No comments:
Post a Comment