Wednesday, April 10, 2013

To be or not to be...

For the past few months, many came and asked me the same questions.  Firstly, why am I still using "Kenneth Thien & Associates".  Secondly, why am I not applying to be Bank panel.  Some are lawyers, some are not.  To be honest, I have no answer for that.  I am just pure lazy to put on effort to get the firm name changed I guess.  Whenever I thought of getting the new firm's envelopes, letterhead, signboards, receipt books and account name changed, printed, sorted out... I just don't feel good about it. Further more, I seriously do not know how much things need to be done since the firm name is already known by bankers now, etc.  So, if you ask me if I am establishing my name or Kenneth Thien's name at the moment, I seriously have no idea.  As far as I know, lawyers and court clerks who saw me, they know I am Lin Pei San from Kenneth Thien & Associates. But when my nephew told me he wants to be a lawyer one day....I am now having second thoughts... May be it is really better to put on Lin & Partners? or Lin & Associates? hahaha....
For the second question of why am I not wanting to be bank's penal lawyer? Hmm... good question.  Again, it's another that needs lots of efforts and staffs to be around and past year's experiences told me, I can't cope with both side and so, in order to be 'good lawyer' and 'ethical', I guess, I better say no to conveyancing for the time being.  After all, I am just helping those whom I know with their documentations.  The documentations and dealing with banks... trust me... that's the last thing I want in life. 
A few lawyers who keep telling me I am doing a right choice to keep the firm small.  Well, my principle is this, that, as long as it is not stressing me out and as long as there's money coming in that's enough for me and my future, it's what I call, ENOUGH!  So, I don't need to be greedy and rich.  I don't have a family or children that I need to take care of.  I don't have much burden as my parents are well taken care of.  So, I am seriously trying to enjoy life to the fullest....
Just this week, just when everyone is shouting that business is slow due to the election, ... I am rushing works like crazy.... court matters to be filed one by one.  Preparing for trials, etc.  Apart from that, I am shaking my legs.  Trying to get rid of one or two of the clerks that has nothing much to do. :p So, yes.... from a size of 5 staffs, I am down sizing to 3. hehe... cutting cost and expenses. So, who is richer? Do I need to have  'big firm' in order for me to be call "rich"?
- To be or not to be... -

No comments: