I met with a well known architect and developer recently and I went to him and say hi to him....and he shakes my hand and said "you are always so independent!". He has known me since i was young... and I am sure everyone is surprise that I have never asked them for help in my business ventures. I never requested them to help me up as a developer nor uses my parent's fame and name to gain more businesses. Guess that's the main reason why I am not back in Tawau and started my own firm there. I know many will give me businesses if I do, but is that what I want?
No. I am very sure that I don't after the last incidents with my relatives' cases. Those kind of pressures.... is the last thing I want. I don't like to bring shame to my parents too... as I have always been (at least that's what I think)... and certainly do not want my parents to endure an extra pressure from protecting me or .... defending me, whichever applies. hahaha....
Being in a place where not many knows me.... as a young lawyer, I guess that's what I need. Making every mistakes, trying every efforts... to make my own money, lives my own life, enduring the necessary suffering and pains and pressures, to take one step at a time... to grow...and to become an experienced lawyer. It is expected that many will complain, many will dislike the way I handle things or even the way i speaks... but that's me...
I am trying very hard to stay 'sane' due to the above. Yes. People still help when i needed or cried for help. Clients still come back despite being scolded by me. Some left, as expected. But that's how I 'filter' my clients.
Being independent? I guess in my situation, it is by force. I don't choose it. I just happen to be the only bloody lawyer who is not smart enough and without any family member who is lawyer who can give me full support. Unlike most of the lawyer who is rich and whose parents are in businesses. I don't. But I am not giving up. I will never give up. That's what i call, being independent.
- Independent? -
No comments:
Post a Comment