I had my second teaching class today and instead of a full tutorial class, I ended up have to do a bit of "re-cap" with my students as I was informed by the Dean that some of the students were completely blank after my 1st lesson 2 days ago. Why am I not feeling shock? Well, I guess it's because I was a blank and as blur as they are when I was in my first year. I have 10 coursemates and 10 of them, were children of some lawyers and it's my first encounter to not only children of lawyers, but also people who doesn't speak a word of chinese. All the discussion and teaching and all were conducted in English and no one ever explain to me what are the legal terms means. Worse still, I finished my STPM then and the other 10 took A Level and all of them has knowledge about law except me. Being a minority in the class, my lecturers choose to ignore my present all together. I beg your pardon, not only the lecturers, but also all my fellow coursemates.
I recall that they started to changed their perception over me, the chinese girl only when I scolded higher then any of them in my assignments. They started to ask me question, trying to includes me in their lunch appointment, etc. etc. However, I disregarded them because of the way they treated me earlier on.
My class this afternoon, consists of students from business class and also diploma in law. It's quite hard for me to 'communicate' with those from the business class as they were like me before, they went totally blank ... while, the extreme is, the law students found me a bit too slow in my teaching. It's so hard for me to find the balance point. I am still thinking what's the best way to help the business class students to be able to understand the 'langauge' - legal terms easier. There's no other way then to read and look into dictionary and keep writing.... , I think.
I really don't know what I should do! Hmm...
- Law? -
No comments:
Post a Comment