Thursday, September 30, 2010

Called to the Bar!

Oh well, I actually check through my previous posts for the past few years to see if I have actually written anything on today ever... I posted "Happy anniversary" to myself on Facebook and many asked me what sorts of anniversary am I celebrating. Well, ... I was called to the Bar in Malaya (first Bar) on 30th day of September. Together with me, was a friend whom we still keep in touch and share our expriences together. I sent her a text this morning as in previous years, she was the one who always reminds me of today by wishing me. Well, this year, with new environment arounds her, I have a sense that she doesn't even want to mention to-day.
I guess, without knowing what happen, we have gone through a few years of law practises without the sense of satisfaction at all. We lost the passions somewhere, sometime, somehow... and the system is killing us. Me in particular, when I read through what I wrote in 2008 and 2007, ghoosh................. I can't believe nothing improves since then... is this profession really that bad?
I am glad, today also marks the last day where lawyers in Sabah can give discounts to their client because starting tomorrow, we do not have to fight against the big law firms in town for clients. Fees will be the same anywhere within Sabah and as a small firm, you get the solicitor's attention and not the legal clerks'. So, I hope things will be better after today.
My dear friend has texted me and said it's anniversary but she is not feeling any bit of happiness in herself. I share the same feeling... just that, I am TRYING HARD to make myself a bit happier today. Starbucks after my class later is my own promise to myself later...
Oh well, the different between this year and last years is that, I am doing some part time teaching this year. I am enjoying it, even though i can see, all my students are NOT enjoying it. Either they hates me for making them read and understand or they really hates the law subjects now. Oh well......... it's not very difficult to understand how blur they can get as a first year law students though as I was completely blur during my 1st semester...
Well, it's a day to remember seriously as ... it's the first time, my parents went with me to court and it will be the last too...
- Called to the Bar! -

No comments: