It's my 3rd month with this law firm. I went to court this morning for a hearing. It's just a normal application and when I got there, I couldn't find the chamber of the Deputy Registrar. They have moved and for a moment, I wonder how long I have not been having hearing with this court. While I was waiting for my turn (after I found the chamber and confirmed by other lawyers), I saw the interpreter and then I realise it was since the first case I had in KK that I have not been having hearing with this court. My turn was almost last as I only received the Notice of Hearing 2 days ago. I took out a book and start reading and just before my turn, a senior lawyer came to me and talked to me and he was shocked to found out that I have changed firm (my file was next to me) and he thought I was just mention on behalf for my firm and when I told him I joined this firm, he looked at me with shock. I can understand his reaction. I have left my own firm and joined others. He commented that "but your surname is still hanging in Tanjung Aru Plaza". I answered him saying that it's just a "Name" and in fact, my "surname". Then he asked me to tell him in one sentence the reason of my leaving. Well, ... many still think I am with my old firm... that I can tell.
When my case was called, I went in to the chamber and when I got my order in term on my application, the interpreter asked me if I have changed firm. Told him I am now with this firm and he was also looked at me as if I lie to him. Well, ... it's my 3rd month and I have successfully made myself so quiet for the past 2 months (just to avoid my ex-partner to accuse me of stealing cases and clients from her). Some of you do know the reason of me being so 'quiet' for the past 2 months. I said I will only start running around, doing marketing and so on in January. Here I am... being active again (slowly).
- 3rd month -
No comments:
Post a Comment