Monday, August 13, 2007

My best friend's wedding

It's nice to be able to see and attend a best friend's wedding. I cannot remember when was the last time I PURPOSELY travel to a place for someone's wedding. Well, I didn't manage even to attend my brother's wedding. But this wedding, I have promissed that I will be there, no matter where it is going to be. Hence, I took the efforts to go back. It's somehow worth it though some of my family members doesn't seems understanding. Sometimes, I just do not like it when my brother and his family around at my parent's place. It's because they will somehow 'changed' the time, the routine, everything around the house. Guess what? They have even let the kids play with my favourite original VCD that I bought and I failed to find one of the disc. Hai...
But yes.. it has been a great holiday with my best friend and her husband of course.
Day 1 (Wednesday). Upon reached home, I had lunch with my family and thereafter, I did something before I attended their wedding ceremony rehearsal. After that, I went home, had a rest and after dinner, I went to see a client. After sorting out with client, I went to meet them for some arrangement. Went home after that.
Day 2 (Thursday). I woke up late, then picked them and another relative up then went for a shopping to get some necessities and met some people to discuss about the wedding dinner, etc. Later after dinner, I went to the airport to fetch the groom's parents and relatives (11 of them). We bought them to eat some seafood after that and then to their hotel.
Day 3 (Friday). In the morning, we bought the groom's parents and relatives to the market and some other places. Then I went and met my uncle as he was looking for me. After settling that and with some other matters in church, together with others, I bought them for lunch with the bride went to get her hair done. After that, I went home and rest. At night, we all went for dinner. I stayed there after the dinner to sort out last minute thing.
Day 4 (Saturday), the actual wedding day. I reached the bride's place at 7am. At about 830am, together with 2 others, we went to fetch the groom's parents and relatives to the church, then to back to fetch the bride. After the ceremony, I sent the groom's parents and relatives home and then send the bride and groom to their respective hairdresser. After I sent them, I met 3 friends for a drink and went home for a shower. Thereafter, I went to fetch them from their respective places and then rushed back home, changed and to fetch the groom's parents and relatives to the dinner venue. After the dinner and after sending the groom's parents and relatives back to hotel, I went home straight and sleep.
Day 5 (Sunday). Woke up at 630am and got ready to fetch the bride and groom from their hotel to send their parents and relatives to the airports. Then we rushed down to the church for the church service. God knows how 'concentrating' I were. With the bad sound system, I almost fell asleep. Then I went lunch with them and their friends and thereafter, home...
Day 6 (TODAY). I woke up at 630am and got ready to have breakfast with my parents. We had lots of Dim Sam this morning. Thereafter, we went to get a DVD player for my dad. I didn't manage to plug it in before I left as i was late for airport.
So, ya.. I am finally at KK now... finish some of my work. Will go and help them to check in to the hotel as they are now at Kundasang to visit Mt. Kinabalu. After checking in, I will go home to take a shower and to Kundasang to fetch them back to KK. They will have their photographs taken tomorrow. So, after tonight, most likely I won't be seeing them tomorrow as they will be leaving on Wednesday early morning.
It's always nice and happy to be able to meet and contribute into a friend's wedding. Though I only feel a bit tired now, but at least that shown that they have not forgotten me as 'friend'. hahahaha....
Well, what can I say? Congratulation, OS & TP.
- congratulation -

1 comment:

blurblur said...

I really appreciate what you have done. :)