Tuesday, July 10, 2007

- Services and mentality -

Recently, MyFM in Malaysia is running a programme to tell Malaysian the law and rights. We were told about the bad services provided, the deception of all kinds, and of course also the solution. It's quite clear thereof that 90% of the Malaysian doesn't know their rights as a Malaysian and/or as a customer. Some of course, thought they have rights for EVERYTHING, which sometimes, amused me. People therefore inevitably being classified as 'selfish'.
However, I guess I need to put 2 examples here. I took this airline on my return to KK on my last travel to Tawau and throughout the whole check in and getting up on the plane, I was being treated badly. Not only the service was bad, but the air steward claim that helping the passenger with their luggages is not their job and duty. Well, obviously I think their only duty is to be hawker, selling food while people wish to have a peace and quiet time to rest themselves on the plane. Besides being a nuisance, they also a hawker rather than a air steward.
I am not a wealthy person but I did took many times in my life with different airlines. In KLM, Singapore Airline, Malaysia Airline, Royal Brunei, even Easy Jet, but I was not being treated as bad as this airline's air steward. May be because we did not pay for their services. They did wrongly but a word of 'sorry' was not easily came out from their mouth because they just want FACES. So, if you ask me now if I will pay more for other airline, my answer is YES.
I was told by the airline service counter that I can claim my airport tax back and hence, I took effort and times to went all the way to the airport and the person told me it's done. But from then until now, it was 4 months. No such refund is made. Hmm... ya, their price is cheap and so as their services.
2nd example. A leading bank in Malaysia called me telling me that my payment on my credit card was due and therefore I need to make payment within that 2 days. I asked them why didn't they send me a bill and I was not only waiting for the bill, but also now being charged a penalty. Not only that I didn't hear a word of 'sorry', but they blamed me for not overseeing. For your information, I received my card 2 weeks ago. Bill comes every one month (supposingly). I am not a banker. I do not know how system in this bank goes and all I would relied on was the BILL Statement. If that's not send to me, I believe they expect me to have a supernatural power to be able to "FEEL" which date is my payment due date. I didn't say much when I received the first call because I was having sore throat. The only thing I asked was "If it is possible, can you give me my credit card number and I will make my payment now". After a verification, I was given a credit card number. Without any hesitation and doubt and suspicion, I made payment online. Did that within seconds. Thought issue was over, but unfortunately, I received another phone call few days later, with this tough, impolite, rude voice and manner. I guess she was from this 'Shark Loan' background, asked why I didn't make any payment. As she shouted, I too shouted at her (knowing that I am a person who cannot be treated hasshly) asking her where's my bill statement? How can she ask money from me if she didn't send me a bill? I asked her if she knows what is the FUNCTION and PURPOSE of a Bill statement and I told her I already made my payment few days ago and I asked if she has the latest update in her computer screen. If she has, then I check with my bank. If not, then she should do her job before calling me and shout at me. (Later I found that the first person who called, gave me a wrong number and therefore, payment not made). I asked her to send me my bill statement. Of all these, I am sure you think the amount i used on the card is a lot? Well, to be honest.. the total is only RM200. I handle this bank's portfolio before in this legal firm. I know they won't be able to sue me or make me bankrupt because of RM200. Goodness!!! Can't they do their job properly before asking me to do my part?
It's truely a bad services. I am not sure if this is the Malaysian mindset that caused all these. At least, I never encounter such a thing during my stay in England. Be it bank services, accommodation services, dental services, NHS, bus services, etc. People respecting others and we apologise when we did wrong and/or caused inconveniences. It is this kind of lifestyle that I really missed.
I just think people in Sabah, in Malaysia are too self-centred and they don't bother much about others. ...
- services v. mentality -

2 comments:

Kristen said...

well, some companies said that they put professionalism on top. But in the end they can't even deliver services to what customers expect to get. it's like you give them money but they treat you badly...

theGodlyLawyer said...

ya man... what world I am living in? hai...