It's a time of reflection these few days of what kind of life I want to lives as. I like law obviously and I like to practice law. It's a waste if I don't practice it after such a hard work. Well, some probably remember that I even wanted to give up on practising law once because I thought, it only means hard work, sleepless nights and so on when I start practising law. Some of my fellow friends would rather do something more corporate in order to feel that they are in business rather than in law. I however, choose to be a litigation lawyer more than anything else. I still remember the life I once lived as a corporate lawyer. Restructuring debts, etc. etc. I even asked to read up about 7 to 9 books in one single day to capture the gists of corporate law, or specifically, capital market.
Lately, I recalled what kind of life I used to lived as and it shocked myself that I actually managed and even enjoyed living that kind of life. It's such a fulfillment and satisfaction when things were done and it's a feeling that's like you have achieved something great and you are smart, you did a good job. I guess that's the reason why people love to be busy at work, always immerse themselves in work, big firm, big company, international firm and company, etc. I guess people are just feeling insecure if they are not in a big and distinct firm because they would be feeling that they are not of a certain standard which will regards them as the BEST.
Well, I am however, tried very much to get away from being in a big and distinct firm. Not that I do not like it. I love it. I still love it today. I still thank God for placing me there and I still wish I can get into some really good, big and distinct firm. However, i rather to get away with it because no one can serve 2 Gods. I love my job, yes... But I love my God even more. That I am certain of. As I challenge my cell members to put their priority right this week, I too being challenged as I really wanted to focus on the right thing at the right time. I can be very rich one day if I continue to practice law. Most likely, give me another 2 years and I shall be able to buy new house, my dream car, being rich, etc. But all over a sudden these few weeks, I just felt insecure if I am filled by all these. What will I gain from achieving all these? What sorts of life I really wanted to lives? Answer... I have roughly got the question answered ...
- ponder 1 -
No comments:
Post a Comment