My cell group members celebrated my other friend and my birthday on 13.02.2007 evening. We had a great time together althought I don't really like to be celebrated and I couldn't even consume much food because of my stomach. Somehow, we celebrated it...while a friend asked about the time of my flight the next day, I received a text message from this airline saying that they have re-schedule my flight from 1550 to 1930. Althought it's a few hours different, but actually it has spoiled my day entirely. I thank God for a friend who is free and willing to accompany me to watch a movie. Otherwise, my day would be so miserable. I took 14.02.2007 off thinking that I should do some packing in the morning, then met a friend to send my car over to her place then to airport. I planned with parents to have a good birthday dinner as well, but all these didn't went on at all due to one single reason, that the airline re-timed my flight without even tell us earlier.
Why do I demand a more early notice to be given? It was announced about 1 week ago that an opening ceremony on this new airport in town will be held on 14.02.2007 by our Prime Minister. If time is already set and thing is already settled and it is necessary to re-time or re-schedule, then why didn't we get notification a week earlier or at least 5 days earlier? I know we are 'less important' compare to the PM or it's opening ceremony. But they should understand, withoug us, there would be PM and the new airport or even airline too. You see, I am not asking for MORE. I am asking a little bit earlier notification. Everyone has their busy schedule. Not only the airline's chairman or the PM or the POLICE, but us, the citizen too. We need to organise someting for our own life as well. Mind you, I only receive a phone call at 9am on 14.02.2007 although a message was sent at about 10pm on 13.02.2007. When they called, they didn't even apologise or try to remedies my 'losses'. They just INFORM us that time has re-timed. What other things I can do?
Not only that, while I was on my way to the airport, it was a terrible jam. My flight was 1930 and I need to check in by 1830 or the latest, 1900. But the road was block. What? People in the airport expect us to miss the flight so that they can earn MORE? A friend's mother told me she ended up got down from the car, walked a couple of miles to reach the terminal. She is at her 50's. All these because of the safety of the PM or the celebration? Such a joyful occasion, I thought it should be celebrated with all the customers, but what I saw was only hevoc, hectic traffic, miss flight, delay of time, spoiled of plan and what do I get from it as a customer? NOTHING IS GOOD!!! I told myself before I got down from the car that if I see the PM, I will make all these remark to him.
I deserve something... at least a candy or a can of coke, but not even those I got but a dinner at 2130 when I reached home.
This year, I didn't celebrated my birthday at Police Station. But a terrible airport schedule re-timed incident. I am seriously not satisfied with what I suffered.
I shall say thank you for those who have tried to 'ease my pain' by sending me text messages and those who tried to came out for lunch with me and accompany me to watch a movie despite all of those were last minute arrangement. You did manage to ease my pain. Thanks...
- birthday -
1 comment:
happy blessed birthday to you..
smile always...
Post a Comment