I went to court yesterday and this morning. The feeling was good because I get to go to court. But the 'don't feel good' feeling also follow me to court these 2 days due to some reasons. Well, I guess it's the differences I encountered in Sabah court that made me feeling a bit... 'weird' or 'uneasy'. Things that I studied and learned in KL, it seems like 'not applicable' in Sabah. I am not sure which one is better, but... it's just different.
It's quite strange for me to see lawyer wearing black jacket with brass buttons. I thought it is not allowed in KL. Not even gray colour kind of suits. But here, I saw almost everyone is wearing it. I always think we should wear a white blouse plus a black jacket (that's what we did in KL. Otherwise case will be thrown out because of that), but here in Sabah, suprise, suprise, ... I saw someone wearing 'all black' to court. Lawyers in Sabah are bringing in 'fashion' into the Court and the best part is, no one make a sound and the Judges seems happy about it. Not only that, I almost bang into a car on my left when I was on a round about. The car came out while i was turning and on my way and I think the driver just think that he can change the rules anytime. I looked at the driver and yup, it's one of the Sessions Court Judge. This morning was even more interesting. I saw lawyer bringing in hat into the chamber. Not only that, I went to the 'Kaunter Bayaran' (Payment Counter) and the person in charge told me my filing is RM88.00. So I gave her RM100.00 and she looked at me and said, "Get small change please". It's only RM12 difference and they don't have it in the payment counter? Well, to be honest, I never encounter such situation during my time practising in KL.
I was filing some document yesterday afternoon and while I was waiting, I noticed that most of the court clerks always answer the same answer to whatever questions they were asked: "Tapi, selalu memang begitu". "But, we always do this way". It is so funny. They do not know the rules, they do not follow the law, but they just do what they USED TO DO. I am sure they do not know how to handle things that they don't USED to. Sometimes, talking and explaining things with them is really 'killing' me. Well, what can I say? The law practices in Sabah is more relax. Not to say not good. The court clerks and Judges are more friendly also. It's just a different feeling that they gave me.
Well, ... time flies.......... it's time for me to get my lunch. Got to go to deliver something soon either. So, I better get moving.
- different -
No comments:
Post a Comment