On our way to Beaufort on Sunday, we tried to contact a pastor in church so that she can pay a visit to the hospital and share the gospel to my friend's father in law. I didn't join them in prayer the next day (yesterday) as I was at work. However, we met for dinner last night at 5:30pm... with a Reverend. The first phrase my friend told me when she came in the car was, "amazing... not only my father in law accepted Christ, but the whole family did except the eldest brother and all of them reconcile with each other and they cried together. God's love is really amazing...". Well, not that my friend doesn't know that God's love is amazing (she is a missionary by the way), but I understand what she meant. For many years, I have heard her and her husband said the same thing over and over again. Her husband always said, it is quite impossible that his father will believe in Christ because of his characters. As my friend's father in law made mistakes and the whole family were not happy about him, they hated each other very deeply for many many years. But yesterday... after a short prayer, all fo them reconciled and everyone cried and forgive each others deeply. That's why my friend said, it is amazing.
I had a meeting last night. But I left earlier because I do want to join all of them for a gathering and fellowship, singing and rejoicing in the hospital last night. On that evening itself, I saw another person accepted Christ and not only that... I can see how much God loves is... Love that is able to forgive, love that is able to accept and the love that is able to love each others again. My friend's father in law is now undergoing a surgery. We are praying for him... but I do believe, if he didn't make it, he is also happy and satisfied because he has the Lord.
- amazing -
No comments:
Post a Comment