So, yes, I do agree that I am not as 'qualify' as many who has the chance to be graduated as Barrister in one of the Inn in England or having a very well senior or master. My first master, Mr Wong is a corporate expert, not litigation. My second master in Sabah has never thought me a single thing in court. So, I agree. I am not well trained. I climbed the stairs bit by bit. I have had a lot and a lot of mistakes made and cases lost in the past. But I have worked very hard each time to learn a bit more. I am glad enough to have people who is willing to help and to guide me through. I am thankful enough for wonderful friend and colleagues.
This case is nothing 'big'. I won't regard my winning as one of the great achievement. I certainly never thought that other lawyers would come to me and greeted me for winning the case and to save up the rest of the other similar matters in court. I am still learning and trying to find out what I can do better in this matter. But to be able to win over my master who always think I cannot do my job well, it proves that, it probably not just an issue with me.
I wish I can do better in my career and so, enrolling myself for a master course so I can be updated on the recent development of law to me, is important. At least, my knowledge and experiences should be better than those who are more senior than me and/or those who has stop going further. May be not many understand why do I need to get my Master Degree. It's seriously, not about the title and/or the Master Degree, it is more to the knowledge expansion that I need.
My mom is the person whom think I shouldn't have take this course at all. I don't blame her for not being able to understand. Until today, none of my family member will understand what my job is all about. I always wanted to blame the HK series who gives wrong impression on people. Well, reading and reading, research and research ... is what we all do every single day. Because every facts of each case comes to me, is different in nature and I need to tackle the issues and to find the way to win a case for my clients, whose rights has been jeopardised. It's very discouraging whenever my mom mentioned that I shouldn't take my master course and instead, I should spend more time on other things. I guess she didn't realised, the only 'wasting time' kind of works i have been doing is on the plane and spending weekend in Tawau.
If not because of my parents, I think I wouldn't have been 'stagnant' here for so many years, or I don't even have come back to Malaysia in the first place. Having such a brother made it worse. Why are they not thinking that, it's them who make me who I am today? I would have had so many social time, or probably have gotten married if not because of being FORCED to take care of my parents. Studying Master is probably the ONLY thing i enjoy most during this 'suffering period'. I wonder, if they will ever realised this. Anyway, I am glad... I have done 3/6 subjects by end of this month. YES! I am half way through!!!!
I see 2014 is an achievement because I finally, manage to do something I wanted to for a long time, for myself. Be it I have to sacrifices my monies, my freedom and time, I still think, it's worth it and I love doing it. At least, much better than being a 'slave' for a man or a few children.
Well, I am not asking a lot. I am just asking, if they can just encourage and support me to go through this 'happiness' with me. It seems like, they are not.
Well, 2014 is ending. Kenneth Thien & Associates is also coming to an end. I am joining another firm call MP Pang & Co. and operate a branch in KK. Wishing to have more conveyancing matters coming up soon. Let's hope by this step of faith, thing will goes further and better soon.
In terms of finances for this year, amazingly, we survived without having a month we have touched the overdraft facilities YET. God is good all the time indeed!
- 2014 achievement indeed! -
No comments:
Post a Comment