Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hiccups!

Everyone told me life won't go smooth all the time.  Well, when everything went really well last year, I was already feeling that hiccups are on the way.  To many, it's because it's the lack of faith. Well, i will say it's because I have not been trusting in God FULLY.  Hence the hiccups. hehe...
It's been a few months of handling, sorting out and fighting over this bloody real property gain tax which my clients, i.e. my uncle being penalise over 'miscommunication' between the KK branch and the Tawau branch.  We never know how Tax department handle their job.  They make mistakes, but it took ages to get it rectified. Under the law, they somehow gets to do or charge anything they likes.  And their 'presumption' over the sum taxable need not have any 'grounds'.  As long as they send you a notice, you are to pay.  Otherwise, you are going to be charged interest.
My dear client, i.e. my uncle, only saw the notice and started his rumbling over me for failure to file the relevant form within the time frame.  Which to us, is not true because we do have letter which was being acknowledged receipt by the Tax department.  However, my dear client keep saying we didn't file according to time and refuse to accept the fact that we have filed within time and didn't appeal the said penalty for the past 2 times of their visits to the Tax department.
Making me have to keep sending letters, calling the tax department in both KK and Tawau to make sure the matter is being look into.  However, the worse situation is, they didn't wanna bother much, until and unless you speak 'malay' with them in a nice way and not blaming them for anything wrong. Begging is the word I have to use.  And I am now planning to beg further.... by paying the Tawau Branch in the coming Monday just to sort this matter out.
To be serious, all these are not necessary if the relevant department is doing their job properly and communicate properly.  I hope, i really hope i do not need to bear the penalty.  I am praying very hard now. Lord, please have mercy on me...!!!
- Hiccups! -

No comments: