As I am waiting at the car service centre waiting for my car to finish its service, I am letting my mind wonder and ponder over issues not so much related to my substantial work, but on administration. That's the problem of being a boss. Anything that's not right in the office, it's my duty to make sure it is fixed. Due to my frequent absent in the office in November and December 2012, somehow, things are not 'moving'. It's not progressing and my clerk wasn't doing his job. For that reason, I have not given him more increment nor bonus. He promised me that he will do better and there will be changes in his performance starting January. However, I have discovered more and more error, mistakes, slowness of works, etc that's dissatisfying to a point, I have to issue warning letter and deduct his salary.
Ever since I know I cannot make decision myself anymore with my illness, I called a few good friends and told them what happen and hope they will give me good advice. Of course one of them have been boss herself for years and so, after listening to what I told her, she gathered that my staff should be facing some personal problem which prevent him from focusing in his work. He is either facing some family problem or financial problem or even relationship problem.
I am taking her advise seriously and thinking of doing some counselling work this morning. Just when I am thinking about it, my mom called asked me if I am doing alright. I told her what happen to my staff recently and she thought I should really find out if he is facing some problem. Mom told me I must pray before approaching him and talk to him to find out what happen to him.
Seriously.... I always appreciate him. He is only not performing his duty satisfying recently. There must be something happen that I am not aware of. From being angry and furious, I am not worry and concern....
I checked my office account just a while ago and wonder, thinking... whether there's anything I can help him with in his finances. May be his parents, being non-Christian and not so wealthy demand him to give extra to the family? Hmm....I am seriously taking this morning to wonder and checking what are the ways I can help him financially. Haiz.... it's not easy to be boss. Seriously. I cannot be not bothering about colleagues anymore like I usually did. I need to look into the issues and try solving problem..
Meanwhile, I have to sort out mistake and works that's being delayed. I need to pay for the interest to make sure clients are not angry, etc. In a way, I am busy. Very busy and stress now. :( Glad I have a good holiday with some really good friends in Singapore last weekend. (Still cannot believe I missed meeting up with my childhood good friends from Sydney).
Problem? I guess everyone has problem now and then. Let's hope things can be resolved and settle without anymore complain... and meanwhile, trying very hard to sort out for the firms merges... Praying hard!
- Problem -
No comments:
Post a Comment