Monday, June 08, 2009

Professionalism...

I walked into the court today fearing that I will be scolded for not filing the Bundle of Document earlier. It was not the Court's direction to file a bundle of document and hence, I didn't file any and on last friday, when I saw a copy which my opponent filed on last Wednesday while I was away to Labuan for another case, I was shocked. Oh well, it's not so difficult for me to prepare mine as all my documents were produced as Exhibits in the affidavits filed earlier on. However, that's what I thought and the judge might not think that way. Oh well, ... I walked into the court and thereafter, I handed the documents to the Court and everything seems fine. As usual, this opponent of mine wasn't really friendly and treated me like his 'worker'. hahaha.. just his character I think.
Oh well, ... I later notice that there were 2 pretty ladies walked in and I recognised one of them who are my 'far-relative' and my brother's ex-classmates who is doing her pupillege at my opponent's firm. She's here to watch the trial. We chatted as usual, not about the case, but about my brother, their classmates, etc, etc.... and later, she told me, her 'boss' - my opponent doesn't allow her to 'touch' the case since the day he saw us chatting (one of the previous mention). OH well, I can understand that... but to the extent she think my 'far-relative' doesn't know what is privilege and what is private and confidential, it's a bit too much isn't it?
After my case, when we came back after 2:30pm, my opponent was sitting there while the interpreter asked him a few questions and he answere, "whatever lah... I don't care ..." The interpreter of course gave me the look and I too wonder why he said that... Oh well, if he tried his 'trick' again, I am sure he should know by now, it won't affect me. Trial went on. I asked a few questions which his witnesses cannot answer and he started to show his frustration. He raised his hand asked why I asked such questions and so on and the judge allowed all my questions anyway.
Until we left the court, he didn't want to even talk to me. Oh well... you call this 'senior' lawyer has professionalism in him? I don't really know.... he may be more senior than me. He may be more experience than me. He may have a better english command than me. He may be smarter than me... still, I think his EQ is much lower than mine.
I was reminded of his 'offer' which he sent to my handphone asking if he didn't wanna call one of his witness, can I not call one of mine... cheaky as he is... of course I told him we can call both of them.
I just don't think he is as 'good' as he think himself as. Even if I lost this case, I don't think so either...
By the way, this is my first ever contested divorce case...
- professionalism -

No comments: