Ever since I came back to Tawau, Sabah in the early October this year, I had done a few divorce cases. I told my parents, I never done any divorce cases in Kuala Lumpur before, but sadly, I now realise, the divorce is very 'popular' in Tawau, Sabah. Suprisingly, lawyers in Tawau need not sweat in drafting most of the divorce petition, simply because those who want a divorce petition granted, know exactly what they need to do.
Early this year, a friend in U.S.A told me a situation of one of her friend whom got married with a Malaysian lady about a year or two ago. Without knowing the cause of it, the lady left him and went back to Malaysia, without telling him before hand. He is deeply sadden by the incident and asking God why is that so. I was told recently that the girl is now working in Malaysia, asking for a divorce from her husband in U.S.A and even using excuse like : "I don't want to be with you anymore because you are not a devoted Christian."
Last week, here in Malaysia, a friend told me a friend of mine also asking for divorce lately and claimed that her husband does not give her any freedom and caused her not being able to further her studies oversea.
Of all these news and example, I started to ponder and wonder, what causes all these to happen in the first place. I think, it is the word "selfishness". People in this world now is more concern about themselves rather than others. And more so, they don't even know how to 'concern' about others. Man usually love to 'control' others rather than 'concern' for others. Women think 'concern' bear the same meaning as "ke poh". WE all think for ourselves and our well being, not others. And I think, this is not suppose to be according to a bible context in terms of what a husband and/or a wife should be. Sadly, many do not understand this.
TODAY, many people love challenges. They even love challenge God and His authority. They think once they did something opposite to the teaching of God, they won over God. They think they are the bravest soul in this earth. They think they are the smartest because they can interpret God's word otherwise. They think they have all the rights to do whatever they want. In short, they want to be God and they think they ARE God.
Christian and/or non-christian today think about themselves more than anything else. We tend to forget about the 2 MAJOR commandments in the Bible. May I reminds you:
1. To love your God with all your heart, your soul, your mind and your might.
2. To love your neighbour as yourself.
I like the definately of 'neighbour' in the Law of Torts in the case of Donoghue v. Stevenson to includes "persons who are so closely and directly affected by my act that I ought reasonably to have them in contemplation as being so affected when I am directing my mind to the acts or omissions which are called in question".
As much...
Don't be selfish...
1 comment:
some people are just not prepared to get married...
Marry for lust, not love...
Post a Comment