Starting from 1 August 2012, there's no more The Rules of High Court 1980 and The Subordinate Court Rules 1980. It's replaced by The Rules of Court 2012. After studying, using, memorising the Rules since came back in 2000, somehow, the replacement is making me very confuse into the Rules in Court these days. One of the significant change of the Rules is that there is no more application in High Court make by Summons In Chambers (SIC). I was first taught about using SIC for all my High Court interlocutory proceeding by a senior and I remember he reminds me that as long as it's a High Court matter and you need to apply for some interlocutory proceeding, you need to put in SIC instead of Notice of Application (NOA). But there won't be any SIC now.
I somehow, made a mistake in one of my application in Court and I need to file in an SIC in Court for amendment which the hearing was fixed on the 1 August 2012. So, in a way, I managed to file the last SIC on the 30th July 2012 and get the last SIC heard on the 1 August 2012 at Tawau High Court. Proud to realised that I am one of those who survives SIC era and ended it when the new Rules of Court 2012 is implemented. No more SIC anymore. No more drafting of it and no more filing of SIC anymore.
And the New Rules has made me filed my first Magistrates' Court Writ on the 3rd August 2012 too. Messed it up with the fees and the e-filing, but i survived with the new Writ. Yes. No more Summons.... it's just WRIT, in Magistrates' Court and Sessions Court.
I do feel like I am once again a newly graduated law student and learning new Rules of Court. hahaha...I guess, somehow this keeps me from being a litigation lawyer still, though I am sucks as one.
- The New Rules of Court 2012 -
No comments:
Post a Comment